i have never read about that in the bible. i am not a scholar of it nor read it all the way through. i will ask my husband once his band practice is over.

Best Answer

Lol, sounds good to me! Thank you. :)

Best Answer

he said that most religions talk about gen. 38:9 and 10 in reference to ************. he said that that story is about a guy not following what God's law said. nothing against ************.

Best Answer

There are no prohibitions in the bible regarding ************. There are a couple passages that people use to try to say it is but the context is not about ************; only when one takes a few words out of that context can they attempt to get that meaning. Another point about those passages is they were ba<x>sed on social and economic conditions at the time and are not the word of god; merely the laws of man.<br />
The only true sins are the big 10 commandments.

Best Answer

That is very debateable but there is really no referance of it being a sin. Parents sometimes tell thier children this when they are "caught in the act" for lack of a better excuse. It is really quite normal to want to ********** and to actually **********. It is a natural human response.

Best Answer

OMG when I saw this question, I think I actually cringed!<br />
I don't know what the bible says, but my husband and I were raised Roman Catholic. He spent 12 years in the Catholic school system and boy did they mess him up. He turned 59 yesterday, he has never *********** a day in his life -- per what he was taught. And get this --- I recently learned (our marriage is now sexless, his choice) that he thinks it is "wrong" for me to engage in said activity.<br />
I cannot and will not believe that God does not want us to pleasure our bodies. No.

Best Answer

Ha, sorry to make you cringe... just curious about the biblical standpoint b/c some religious folk say it is, but I can't find a particular scripture supporting that, others say "lust" applies due to lusting after a visual, and the rest are silent. JUST curious! Not bashing anyone here.

Best Answer

Oh no no no!! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you think you offended me! I'm offended at the very thought that anyone was EVER taught it was wrong. Okay, fine, priests aren't supposed to do so. But to teach children this is just wrong. And for men especially, there is a physical reason to ********** (well, *********).... it is a healthy thing to do. It could fend off prostate issues, among other things.
The Bible seems to be interpreted differently by each of us, and it is possible that is the idea. (hmm, never considered that before).
I'll be 55 in 5 days, and I can tell you that my feelings, thoughts, reasoning on the Bible and on those who preach/teach it, and religion in general (specifically Catholicism) probably have good intentions. But I have come to believe that what God wants, in 2012, is for us to love Him. Love Him and trust Him. Completely believe in Him, in 2012, not in 13 AD or 24 BC. And believe that He loves us, unconditionally, regardless of what we do. We are his children. I know this is getting into an entire different subject, but I say again, IMO, God does not want us 1) unhealthy and 2) stressed over His love and 3) without pleasure and 4) being overly concerned about the Bible. There are some basics that He wants and after that, He is happy that we are. Within reason, of course.

Best Answer

anything you do against your beliefs is sin.

Best Answer