I am now finding a job, but i am really afraid that i cannot handle the work, afraid of getting scolded and fired. And also, i am a slow learner, not able to catch up with the rest.
perid perid 22-25, F 12 Answers Jul 19, 2009

Chill out. Starting a new job is always a little spooky. And as being afraid to get a job, I work in a liquer store on the seedy side of town. You wanna see people that are really afraid of work? Come see me.

Best Answer

this may be a sign that you are looking for a job in the wrong field, I suffered from a similar feeling myself. it may be your mind's way of telling you that this is not for you ? consider this. I opened my own business after feeling like this for about a year ;) <br />
If this is not the problem, this could simply be some nerves and a little insecurity, do something to improve your skills or find a mentor in your field- great confidence boosters. whatever you do don't confide it to colleagues at your new job ( they'll rip you to shreds, especially in this job market)<br />
good luck and take care of yourself

Best Answer

heh, for a slow learner, you learned real quick the greatest fear we all have. You're smarter than you think. Looking for a job is one of the most scary things you could ever do, no matter how talented you are. We're putting ourselves forward, going to this all important test that we haven't even had a chance to study for. We fear if we fail, but fear just as much if we succeed. It's maddening! What do you do? Well, oddly enough, not what others usually say and do. They will tell you to do and succeed, dare to win, and the like. I say, dare to fail. Others will tell you to think to yourself ''Ï can't fail, I can't fail'' I say dare to say to yourself"I might fail, but so what? I did my best, I tried my damnest, no shame, no foul, at least I did it honestly" No matter how good you are, you will fail in some way. (Gods don't need jobs) <br />
Just tell yourself it's ok to try and fail, it's just a part of life and job hunting. There's enough people who are going to be looking for your failings; no sense joining them..

Best Answer

Everyone is scared of something new. Give it a while and you won't be the new kid anymore.

Best Answer

Yes...I am somewhat afraid to get a new job. I have been at the top of my pay scale for 5 years, with no pay raise in sight. But hey....GREAT BENNIES THO!!!

Best Answer

It is very frustrating especially after getting laid off from a job you really like and having to compete with so many other people. I've been out of work for 4 months.

Best Answer

Same here but I've found that if you just go ahead and get the job you'll find it's not so bad. I took a job where I had to throw 50 lb bags of drilling clay for 12 hours at a mill site. It was cold, hot, noisy dangerous, my partner had just got out of prison lol. I found that once I got into it it was fun<br />
we set a record for most pallets milled and stacked in a day. I got laid off because of the economy but I would go back if I could.

Best Answer

i was off work for over 4 years due to a bad accident and was TERRIFIED of going back to work.<br />
I convinced myself that I couldnt affored it/wasnt well enough yet, any excuse just to cover up the fact I was scared. <br />
Being out of work saps your confidence, you have nothing to fear except fear itself x

Best Answer

me too. But we have to do that. It is better for us to do something, not stand in one place only? You can have a notebook and write down what you have seen or known and read them before going to bed, after waking up. Go on pls!<br />
I am also worried that I will not be treated as I deserve

Best Answer

After being diagnosed with Skiso effective bipoler disorder. I am finding it hard to get back into the swing of things, meds help but still, the pressure of retaile I can't stand, but then again office jobs have always been my fortay. Still I am worried I might snap at work again (sigh)

Best Answer