If so, what did you do about it?
Abbeyrhode Abbeyrhode 46-50, F 11 Answers Jan 14, 2012

PTSD..Your suffering the same thing that our soldiers are going through.<br />
The more you talk about the more it ,the less power it will have over you.

Best Answer

Thank you. I will try that. Mine is a relatively mild case, compared to the things the poor soldiers must have seen and lived through. My prayers are with them.

Best Answer

I too suffer from PTSD from yrs of sexual abuse as a child.
Please don't feel that because urs was brought on by a different cause that you pain and fear is somehow less.
What you are going through is tough ..Hang in there it does get better with time.

Best Answer

Yes. I suffered post-traumatic stress disorder with a mild traumatic brain injury (those conditions go hand-in-hand after a car accident, where I was the driver and t-boned on the drivers' side). Horrible, because PTSD alters your brain as does the MTBI, and it is unknown at this time how to heal that condition. Many TV commercials and movies have car accidents in them, and they still make me nauseated and creeped out.

Best Answer

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. It must be difficult. It's impossible to avoid that kind of thing in movies and on TV, because they love to portray that kind of thing.

Best Answer

Yes, they do. I don't understand people's fascination with horror -- and yet I actually sat through The Picture of Dorien Gray on Netflix a couple of days ago. A more graphic representation of horror I don't remember ever seeing, and nary a single car accident. But that was know to be fiction, and car accidents (even fictional ones) aren't real to me, but that is the hold on the brain of PTSD and MTBI.

Best Answer

I totally agree. Life is scary enough. When I watch a movie, I want to escape to a fun, happy place, not be scared out of my wits, or grossed out by blood and guts.

Best Answer

Yes, they're called triggers. Sometimes desensitization helps. Best if done with a professional, though. They can help make it less traumatizing and give you the tools to deal with flashbacks and other emotions that might come up.

Best Answer

Good advice. Thank you.

Best Answer

Yes. I was run into by an ambulance going too fast for the area where it hit me. It had it's lights on and I had the green light and went. I was at a blind intersection with big buildings on either side and they did not have the siren on and they rammed me in the passenger side. Lucky I was in a Volvo or I would have died. I broke the Volvo into, but I was almost unharmed. I get really frightened if I hear or see a speeding ambulance now.

Best Answer

Wow, that must have been terrible. Thank God you were driving such a safe car, and you're OK. I don't blame you for being nervous now.

Best Answer

words or phrases can set me off. i avoid using them.

Best Answer

Haha, good one! So sign language is safer, I guess. :)

Best Answer

some old email i was just browsing through , omg

Best Answer

That bad, huh?

Best Answer

yes i think you know who's email too

Best Answer

"maybe it's time we move on?"..........frankly anythin with the word "move" in it will probably send me over the edge?! ;-)

Best Answer

I don't like that phrase, either, because it implies leaving things behind, and that is always sad.

Best Answer

Yes.Time and just getting over the word and event helps.

Best Answer

Thank you. I hope so.

Best Answer