PTSD..Your suffering the same thing that our soldiers are going through.<br />
The more you talk about the more it ,the less power it will have over you.

Best Answer

Thank you. I will try that. Mine is a relatively mild case, compared to the things the poor soldiers must have seen and lived through. My prayers are with them.

Best Answer

I too suffer from PTSD from yrs of sexual abuse as a child.
Please don't feel that because urs was brought on by a different cause that you pain and fear is somehow less.
What you are going through is tough ..Hang in there it does get better with time.

Best Answer

Yes, they're called triggers. Sometimes desensitization helps. Best if done with a professional, though. They can help make it less traumatizing and give you the tools to deal with flashbacks and other emotions that might come up.

Best Answer

Good advice. Thank you.

Best Answer

Yes. I was run into by an ambulance going too fast for the area where it hit me. It had it's lights on and I had the green light and went. I was at a blind intersection with big buildings on either side and they did not have the siren on and they rammed me in the passenger side. Lucky I was in a Volvo or I would have died. I broke the Volvo into, but I was almost unharmed. I get really frightened if I hear or see a speeding ambulance now.

Best Answer

Wow, that must have been terrible. Thank God you were driving such a safe car, and you're OK. I don't blame you for being nervous now.

Best Answer

words or phrases can set me off. i avoid using them.

Best Answer

Haha, good one! So sign language is safer, I guess. :)

Best Answer

some old email i was just browsing through , omg

Best Answer

That bad, huh?

Best Answer

yes i think you know who's email too

Best Answer

"maybe it's time we move on?"..........frankly anythin with the word "move" in it will probably send me over the edge?! ;-)

Best Answer

I don't like that phrase, either, because it implies leaving things behind, and that is always sad.

Best Answer

Yes.Time and just getting over the word and event helps.

Best Answer

Thank you. I hope so.

Best Answer

To get through it, had to deal with it!

Best Answer

Yes, when I found out that my partner had been chearting on me with my best friend. It was hard to look at pictures of them together, but I forced myelf to do so in order to convert my feeling of humiliation into justifiable anger. Had I not done so I would never have gotten over it.

Best Answer

You didn't see that Big Truck, did you?

Best Answer