So my bf had a pit I was bitten by him 3 times but relationship wasn't serious so i left, surprise 3 yrs l8ter & baby. I was bitten again, on my head no hospital trip. Idk why I stayed but I live him w/ all my heart. Well on friday I Was bitten yet another time. My left palm, elbow, stomach and left chest all bitten up but not enough to get stitches. I went to the ER. so my boyfriend decided to euthanize the dig. I'm so hurt though why after the third time does he do this? I hate the dog and I'm glad he's gone. does that make me a horrible person? my bf has been moping around since Friday and crying over the damn dog that almost killed me not once or twice but 3 times!!! after the 2nd time the dog should have been gone. I understand that the dog has been here before me and has gotten him through a lot of things in his life. what the hell am I chopped liver! he had the nerve to ask me if I provoked the dog. I was minding my own business . I accidentally stepped on the dog & he attacked
luvsf415 luvsf415 22-25, F 12 Answers Jan 15, 2013 in Broken Hearts & Betrayal

Because for all he knew, you might have provoked the dog. I don't know if you've ever had a dog, but a strong emotional bond between a person and their dog is something that frequently develops. I don't blame him for being upset. The dog meant A LOT to him. If you actually love him you should realize how much he's hurting and be there for him. Now that it's dead, everything else is irrelevant. The dog hurt you, hence why it's put down, but you're boyfriend loved that dog. Maybe try looking at it from his perspective.

Best Answer

I know that the dog meant a lot to him and I'm trying to be there for him but he won't allow me to. I'm just very hurt that he would even think I would do something like that to his dog. I didn't hate the dog I loved him too. I didn't want him to euthanize the dogs I knew how much he meant to him.

Best Answer

That makes sense.. I can relate. I'm so sorry this had to happen..

Best Answer

Im more hurt cuz im prego & all i could think off was my lil 1 in my tum the dog could gave hurt my unborn baby. And for my bf to ignore me like i wasn't hurt, hurts a whole lot worse then my bitten up left side. I wish he would let me comfort him but he needs his time

Best Answer

I agree with luckywolf13 first post. You may have provoked the dog without your knowledge. I was bit by a dog as a kid, but it was my fault....no big deal there. However the bond between dog and owner is very strong. My dog and my fiance's dog get along fine and both listen to me without a problem. Dogs understand one thing, who is pack leader, and obviously you were not exhibiting strong pack leader skills. Dogs attack when they feel threatened, or their human is threatened. There are some dogs who have no reason and just attack but those are far and few in between. Your bf also did not be a strong enough pack leader, because otherwise this would have never happened. When people get a breed they don't know, they should research what that breeds temperament is like. I have never had a bad dog nor has anyone I know, it is how you raise and treat the dog. My dogs respect and listen to me, because I am pack leader.

Best Answer

He knows the breed well having them since childhood, i was just on the recliner stepped off to take a nap didn't even step 1 foot to the ground tapped his side and wad attacked also i heard when females are in heat the are a lil aggressive. U c we have a female pit. The 1st time I was bit he was laying down in the kitchen & i leaned over to pet him & was bit on my lip up to the bottom off my nose like the center 2nd time was my head i was on my phn & i did not c him sleeping near me moved an inch and was bitten on the crown of my head. I understand he loved the dog i really do and i knw he loves me also or else he wouldn't have put him down. I was shaken up bcuz i am 6 months pg & the following day wen he took the Dog 2 b put down he came back home all mean and cussing @ me he called his friend & tld him dat he thought abt running away w/ the dog, we also a 2 yr old. How should i feel abt dat? Of course he didn't cut out, but 4 him to even have dat in his mind

Best Answer

No hospital trip..... No stitches...... I think "almost killing" is probably hyperbole. I've been bit by a large dog who repeatedly went after me. I never wanted him put down, though I hated him. No human could EVER match the loyalty of a dog and you said it yourself, the dog had been there for him through much. Maybe you should put some damn peroxide on your boo boos, think about your boyfriends feelings and remember that he clearly chose you over the poor dog since he's still your boyfriend and the poor dog is dead. What would YOU do if someone stepped on you? Maybe you wouldn't actually bite them, but you would at least yell or hit them or something equivalent to a nip from a dog. Because if you didn't get stitches, then a PIT did NOT BITE you but NIP you. Those dogs are capable of taking your arm off. <br />
*shaka*

Best Answer

The dog bit my lip the 1st time &amp; tore it up to the nose 2nd time the crown of my head 3rd time took a chunk of my elbow bit up my palm &amp; did I mention that I'm 6 months pregnant &amp; he bit up my stomach &amp; left boob.

Best Answer

Okay, I'm not saying he didn't hurt you. Just that what is important is that your bf chose YOU OVER HIS BEST FRIEND. Sympathy and concern on your part will go a LOT further to prevent him resenting you being the reason he put his dog down than complaining that he isn't HAPPY for having murdered his best friend. Because I guarantee you that's exactly how he feels. He feels like a murderer and some understanding on your part would probably help him love you more. But don't fake it. *shaka*

Best Answer

I'm trying to be comforting but he won't allow me. I'm going to leave him alone giving this time.

Best Answer

And that may be what he needs as well. *shaka*

Best Answer

You are both the victim here. You and the dog.

Best Answer

I was sitting on the recliner and I was so occupied with my phone I didn't notice that he placed himself underneath my feet. I decided to go to bed placed 1 foot down barely touching him and was attacked I ran to the bathroom and shut the door behind me and as a put my body against the door to keep it shut the pit was trying to force his way in

Best Answer

Explain

Best Answer

wow... that is a REALLY bad situation. You are SO lucky you were not hurt worse. I'm happy you reacted the way you did. You are the victim, because obviously the dog attacked you and its not your fault, and you didn't mean anything by what you did. The dog is the victim, because he should have been disciplined and shown by his owner to be submissive to you and give you space and respect. (Dogs can be shown that, without hurting them very easily by someone who is knowledgeable about dogs) Its just a bad situation. And Dogs don't blame or hate... they just react. Dogs know when you feel like an enemy and you said you hated him. The dog reacted to being hit (from his point of view) from your foot, and just attacked you. As an animal does when it feels threatened. And thats not his fault.. he's a dog. He couldn't have known any better. And that's sad... It is neither of your fault.

Best Answer

well... you didn't say you hated him... but it sounded like you had some resentment for him... which is totally normal. it makes a lot of sense... because he was dangerous to you... I agree with your feelings 100%

Best Answer

YOUR BOYFRIEND SUCKS ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛

Best Answer

idc that this is resolved, heres my 2 cents. youre a bi.tch. its people like you who make responsible pit owners and their beloved dogs, suffer most. get over yourself. the dog shouldnt have died. you should have left seeing that you werent even in love with the guy. you had no right to stick around and make him feel guilty for loving the better creature in his life. suck it up lady. next time you feel like making the situation all about you, do the next dog you encounter a huge favour...stay the fu.ck home, YOUR OWN HOME, and marry yourself. your all you and your type deserve.

Best Answer

Obviously the bf has some mental issues.

Best Answer

Because he is dead. Obviously no love in the relationship, **** happens now move on.

Best Answer

actually I'm over it but he should be giving me the cold shoulder I know the dog meant a lot to him but I'm pregnant and it could have been worse and we have a 2 year old daughter and the dog could have hurt her. he's acting like it's my fault I got bit whatever f*** the situation

Best Answer

Yes!

Best Answer