Because for all he knew, you might have provoked the dog. I don't know if you've ever had a dog, but a strong emotional bond between a person and their dog is something that frequently develops. I don't blame him for being upset. The dog meant A LOT to him. If you actually love him you should realize how much he's hurting and be there for him. Now that it's dead, everything else is irrelevant. The dog hurt you, hence why it's put down, but you're boyfriend loved that dog. Maybe try looking at it from his perspective.

Best Answer

I know that the dog meant a lot to him and I'm trying to be there for him but he won't allow me to. I'm just very hurt that he would even think I would do something like that to his dog. I didn't hate the dog I loved him too. I didn't want him to euthanize the dogs I knew how much he meant to him.

Best Answer

That makes sense.. I can relate. I'm so sorry this had to happen..

Best Answer

Im more hurt cuz im prego & all i could think off was my lil 1 in my tum the dog could gave hurt my unborn baby. And for my bf to ignore me like i wasn't hurt, hurts a whole lot worse then my bitten up left side. I wish he would let me comfort him but he needs his time

Best Answer

I agree with luckywolf13 first post. You may have provoked the dog without your knowledge. I was bit by a dog as a kid, but it was my fault....no big deal there. However the bond between dog and owner is very strong. My dog and my fiance's dog get along fine and both listen to me without a problem. Dogs understand one thing, who is pack leader, and obviously you were not exhibiting strong pack leader skills. Dogs attack when they feel threatened, or their human is threatened. There are some dogs who have no reason and just attack but those are far and few in between. Your bf also did not be a strong enough pack leader, because otherwise this would have never happened. When people get a breed they don't know, they should research what that breeds temperament is like. I have never had a bad dog nor has anyone I know, it is how you raise and treat the dog. My dogs respect and listen to me, because I am pack leader.

Best Answer

He knows the breed well having them since childhood, i was just on the recliner stepped off to take a nap didn't even step 1 foot to the ground tapped his side and wad attacked also i heard when females are in heat the are a lil aggressive. U c we have a female pit. The 1st time I was bit he was laying down in the kitchen & i leaned over to pet him & was bit on my lip up to the bottom off my nose like the center 2nd time was my head i was on my phn & i did not c him sleeping near me moved an inch and was bitten on the crown of my head. I understand he loved the dog i really do and i knw he loves me also or else he wouldn't have put him down. I was shaken up bcuz i am 6 months pg & the following day wen he took the Dog 2 b put down he came back home all mean and cussing @ me he called his friend & tld him dat he thought abt running away w/ the dog, we also a 2 yr old. How should i feel abt dat? Of course he didn't cut out, but 4 him to even have dat in his mind

Best Answer

No hospital trip..... No stitches...... I think "almost killing" is probably hyperbole. I've been bit by a large dog who repeatedly went after me. I never wanted him put down, though I hated him. No human could EVER match the loyalty of a dog and you said it yourself, the dog had been there for him through much. Maybe you should put some damn peroxide on your boo boos, think about your boyfriends feelings and remember that he clearly chose you over the poor dog since he's still your boyfriend and the poor dog is dead. What would YOU do if someone stepped on you? Maybe you wouldn't actually bite them, but you would at least yell or hit them or something equivalent to a nip from a dog. Because if you didn't get stitches, then a PIT did NOT BITE you but NIP you. Those dogs are capable of taking your arm off. <br />
*shaka*

Best Answer

The dog bit my lip the 1st time &amp; tore it up to the nose 2nd time the crown of my head 3rd time took a chunk of my elbow bit up my palm &amp; did I mention that I'm 6 months pregnant &amp; he bit up my stomach &amp; left boob.

Best Answer

Okay, I'm not saying he didn't hurt you. Just that what is important is that your bf chose YOU OVER HIS BEST FRIEND. Sympathy and concern on your part will go a LOT further to prevent him resenting you being the reason he put his dog down than complaining that he isn't HAPPY for having murdered his best friend. Because I guarantee you that's exactly how he feels. He feels like a murderer and some understanding on your part would probably help him love you more. But don't fake it. *shaka*

Best Answer

I'm trying to be comforting but he won't allow me. I'm going to leave him alone giving this time.

Best Answer

And that may be what he needs as well. *shaka*

Best Answer

YOUR BOYFRIEND SUCKS ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛

Best Answer

Obviously the bf has some mental issues.

Best Answer

Because he is dead. Obviously no love in the relationship, **** happens now move on.

Best Answer

actually I'm over it but he should be giving me the cold shoulder I know the dog meant a lot to him but I'm pregnant and it could have been worse and we have a 2 year old daughter and the dog could have hurt her. he's acting like it's my fault I got bit whatever f*** the situation

Best Answer

Yes!

Best Answer