kill it with fire

Best Answer

Mold can cause all kinds of serious health issues, breathing problems and headaches and general illness. Don't just scrub it off the wall, make sure the room is well ventilated 1st, windows only, you don't want it going in the air throughout the house or inhaling it into your lungs.

Best Answer

Horrible knowing it's been in the room I've been sleeping in! 0.0

Best Answer

How old? the reason I ask is a few years ago there was a huge shipment of sheetrock from china that was defective <br />
http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/2009/02/06/is-chinese-drywall-the-new-mold/<br />
http://www.defective-chinese-drywall-lawsuit.com/<br />
bleach and lots of it. If its somewhat new construction, it may be replaced for you. <br />
as an alturnitive, there is a product called "kilz" which seals the sheetrock., I've heard its excellent (and expensive). good luck with your mold problem

Best Answer

Have a feeling it's been there a good few months at least.

Best Answer

sorry I wasn't being clear. I wasn't asking how long the mold wa there, rather how long the wall was there? is it a fairly new home? built around 5 years ago?

Best Answer

We've lived in this house about 5 years but it's not a new home, it was previously owned and we believe it's been around a while.

Best Answer

it was a thought. well I would get a spray bottle and use bleach. (mixed with water) if its really bad, consider replacing the section of sheetrock. its not hard to do you could do it yourself (moving the sheetrock yourself might be difficult, but you could get a friend to help. I'm a firm believer girls should and can do things for themselves (if they want to)

Best Answer

"Bleach does not kill mold hyphae because bleach's ion structure prevents chlorine from penetrating into porous materials" <br />
Ya know it don't clean Poop well either, dose not work on organic material. I was surprised, but that is what they taught me in surgical prep class

Best Answer