I've forgotten the details. Is it the soul or some other faction ? Can anyone explain the concept of purgitory ?
zbignue zbignue 70+, M 7 Answers Jul 14, 2012

The soul is immortal and it is the soul therefore which goes either to heaven, hell or purgatory when one dies. Purgatory is a place where the souls of the just are detained and purified for a time after death on account of their sins, as "nothing defiled can enter heaven." (Revelation 21:27)

Best Answer

Someone remarked that the concept of purgatory was a catholic only thing. Do you know that to be true ?

Best Answer

It is something the Church has always held to be true but was denied by the Protestant reformers.

Best Answer

Hell

Best Answer

Look for Catholic groups to explain this one. I am Christian and believe Catholics invented the concept of purgatory so they could convince people to pay the church to reduce the sins of their dead loved ones and make the wait to get into heaven shorter.

Best Answer

I didn't know purgatory was a catholic concept. Interesting. So, episcapalian, for example, either goes directly to hell or heaven and doesn't have a waiting period ? What will they think of next ?

Best Answer

There is no evidence to support the existence of a soul, heaven or hell.

Please stop believing every story someone tells you.

Best Answer

What is the purgetory?

Best Answer

My understanding is that's where whatever it is that goes either to hell or heaven goes for an indeterminite amount of time until they;ve been judged fit for heaven.

Best Answer