I support the 2nd Amendment, Balancing The Budget, Social Programs, Not Being The Worlds Police, Illegal Immigration Need To Stop, Fair Taxes For Everyone, I'm not sure where I stand on abortions :-( I don't think one person or party is going to solve our problems. It infuriates me to see American Workers kicked to the curb and their jobs sent to Chinese Sweat Shops. I also believe that the EPA, while had noble beginnings, has turned into a Nazi organization, that has to many frivolous regulations., but at the same time don't want widespread pollution of our air & waterways like the 50's. I also believe that the federal government should stay out of Education (Teachers Don't Teach Anymore, They Teach the Damm federal EOG Test) I also believe Teachers need to be able to punish troublemakers, without fear of a lawsuit. I don't mean to offend anyone. Why cant politicians speak the truth and not lies. I guess I'm depressed a little on how evil politics have become, I Feel Lost!!!!!!
BigJohnnyNC BigJohnnyNC 46-50, M 7 Answers Aug 31, 2012 in Politics

if you aren't happy with the candidate currently in office - vote him out. It's that simple. you give the guy a second term and you know he's going to double down on things like more power to the EPA and further re-enforce the already absurd power of teachers unions.<br />
As for 'sweatshops" in China, I was in that country less than 8 weeks ago. Chinese men stand in line for days just to interview for those jobs they want them so bad. (Women too.) The people who have them are buying their first televisions and motorcycles, and you can just tell who they are because they look healthier and happier than the others in country. <br />
I'm really sorry that some of those jobs come at the expense of American workers, but here's the simple fact. You can't have the highest labor cost and the highest energy costs and win the manufacturing market globally. We could force American companies to try to continue manufacturing in the United States, but in doing so we sign a death warrant of the whole company since it won't be able to compete. Instead lets manufacture in India, China, Malaysia, etc. and keep the IT, accounting, marketing, support and management jobs alive and here.

Best Answer

I just stated my opinion, and as I have said before, for me taxing the rich more is less about getting us out of this deficit and more about making it easier on the working, and middle class.

Best Answer

America is not a business! Yes there needs to be some serious spending cuts, that is a given. But we need to really think about what we cut. I will not support cuts to social security, welfare, or medicare because those are there to help us down at the bottom of the ladder. Love to hear your suggestions though.

Best Answer

Actually America is a business. It's in competition with other nations for jobs, resources, and security. To the extent we don't have a stable environment for job creation, jobs go elsewhere. Without jobs there's no money for government and without money for government there is no security. We can either make targeted cuts in social programs now - which will be painful but not lethal - or we can wait for it all to fall apart, and that clock is ticking. I don't know who told you that countries are unique, but they did you a disservice. You cannot have a situation where we have a huge overhead of people not working and not paying taxes and an environment where business won't invest to create them. It doesn't work - it doesn't matter whether you don't like it or not. We can grow our way out of this mess to a certain extent and we can cut our way out of this to a certain extent, and the real answer is we need to do both. The answer is not punishing the productive and wealthy as that just flat doesn't work. In the end, the problem with class warfare is that the "enemy" (in this case business) also can engage it in. If you attempt to saddle them with too many rules, expensive labor and energy, they will go elsewhere. If you tax them too much, they will take the money elsewhere. We aren't the only country and there are more English speakers in India than in the United States, and after a generation of manufacturing in China, corporations are very comfortable doing business there instead of here. We're at a breaking point, and we need to decide if we're going to make the changes necessary or go out of business. I was just in Greece and I have seen what that looks like. (You want to see hardship at the "bottom of the ladder" - it's worse when the government runs out of money and there are no services.)

Best Answer

A country is not a business, it is a home! America is the land of the free and the equal! No one is worth more or less! This contry is not a business it is a salvation! It is a sanctuary, and it is a place where everyone must collectively work together. This country was not founded on the principle of a business, it was founded on the principle of freedom. It wasn't founded by billionaire businessmen, it was founded by heros who fought together for one gole. This country was founded by the people, not the businessmen!

Best Answer

You see. More snappy chants instead of reality. That's the left wing way. They love seeing this kind of thing in the DNC. But also not reality. This country is just like a business. It required revenue to fuel ongoing programs and growth. If you don't have revenue, you can't pay people. You can play games with the words, but that's how it works. Don't think governments can go broke? Study up on Germany pre-world war II. Russian in the late 80s and early 90s. Greece now. When those countries go broke the safety net crumbles as there is no money to pay the people who write the checks never mind the money to make them good. You want to see America there? We're damned close, and adding $30 billion in revenue every years by passing the buffet rule doesn't begin to fix the issue.

Best Answer

I'm not overly happy with Obama, but I am totally against Romney's social and economic positions and don't trust him at all, so it will be Obama for me. The sad thing to me is how the Republicans have moved so far right and are following a scorched earth policy, willing to ruin the country if they can't get their way. What we need are more politicians who want to put the good of the country and the average citizen ahead of their dogma. Whatever happened to intelligent moderates?

Best Answer

Chipmunk - The country is ruining itself. We're deficit spending at a rate of $42,000 a minute. I'm sorry someone has to be the adult and say "we can't do this anymore and that means tightening belts and less giveaways" but that's what it means.

Best Answer

And under Obama the growth of government spending is multiple times lower than under Reagan or either Bush and half that of under Clinton. Sounds like he's doing a good job to come so far so quickly, particularly after entering two wars under Bush without bothering to think of how to pay for them.

Best Answer

Not so sure your correct.
CNSNews.com) - In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion, which is more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.

Best Answer

Chipmunk, i'm sorry but that is categorically untrue. it is true that military spending is down, but you have to be fair and recognize that the drawdown from Iraq was done on Bush's timetable. (Actually within about 10 days of it.) Outside of that, spending is up - and that's even before you consider pensions.

Best Answer

Honestly man, I am kind of in the same boat. What I would do is take a very close look at each candidates, and their positions on issues. Look at what they stand for, and then look at what works. I am voting for Obama because I although I am sure Romney is a decent guy who wants to do good, I don't like his stance on economics, and taxes. I agree with Obama's stance on a lot of things like taxes, gay marriage, and social programs. What you really have to do is take yourself out of all this campaign hype, and look at it all from the outside. And then choose the candidate that will represent you. Hope this helps. :)

Best Answer

Obama's stance on taxes: "Lets continue to raise them so we can continue to spend. Never mind that you could tax billionaires at 100% and still not cover current deficits."
Sorry, Sky, but playing class politics only drives wealthy and productive people to move business overseas faster. You can't help the person signing the back of a paycheck or that wants the opportunity to earn a paycheck by attacking the company that signs the paycheck. This is a global economy and other countries want those jobs and are happy to see those jobs move out of here.

Best Answer

I live across the pond and we get the waves of discontent.

Best Answer

Have you considered looking at third party candidate options? People in the US often forget there are more then two parties in the US and the Dems and GOP like to make it seem that way because it maintains their monopoly on the government. Personally as an outside observer I would say that the Dems and GOP are now little more then different wings of the same party and the US functionally has a self imposed single party system in practice. This will not change and the two big parties will not change until the US people give them both the middle finger salute and vote for none of the above. The big two like to perpetuate the myth that it is throwing away your vote but if a few million Americans all decide to jump ship it is no longer a throw away vote. At the very least it would shake the big two enough to get their attention and actually start listening to the people again when they realize that yes they can have their buts tossed to the curb too.

Best Answer

BigJohnnyNC for President, 2012.

Best Answer