I'm thinking, for certain, Long Cool Woman by the Hollies and Emotional Rescue by the Rolling Stones. Maybe Police Truck by the Dead Kennedeys. It has to be upbeat. They'll be playing proms and pep rallies and weddings and such. Addendum: Thanks everyone for the excellent suggestions. What about Spinal Tap?
TheSquirrel TheSquirrel 46-50, M 8 Answers Apr 7, 2012

U2 songs

Best Answer

Old classic folk music. How are we supposed to say? You haven't said what KIND of a band. Could be gospel, metal, head banger, regular old time rock n roll. They wouldn't want to play some old music from a totally different genre.

Best Answer

Regardless of their chosen genre, they could pick from wherever. As Missalaineyeus answered when I asked earlier, "I hear you on this...but GOOD SONGWRITING never goes out of style; he was and still is a trendsetter in many ways." (Speaking of Todd Rundgren) The same holds for others, I am certain. Do you have a favorite writer, maybe, to share?

Best Answer

Sure, Kris Kristofferson, Jim Croce, The Gershwins, John Lennon; and a few dozen others.

Best Answer

They should simply copy down the song lists from my old bar bands.

Best Answer

Have you posted them anywhere?

Best Answer

LOL No. Haven't played out since the mid 1980s.

Best Answer