deeptastic deeptastic 16-17, M 15 Answers Oct 13, 2012 in Community

no because gym and basket weaving will only take them so far<br />
seriously whats needed is a heavy emphasis on math and english and very little in the way of throw away courses

Best Answer

Agreed!!! While we're at it throw away those letters with the numbers they are not supposed to be their!!! Revolt!!!

Best Answer

Yep. As long as it's geared toward a profession then your studies in High School should be tailored to your future career or occupation. Then you would be well prepared for college.

Best Answer

well they should make everyone take math & English, history and science courses. the rest should be offered as electives because not everyone can/wants to paint, run, or cook.

Best Answer

No. High school students need to learn about history and be exposed to Shakespreare, as well as other things.

Best Answer

Disagree.<br />
1. The only things most of them would want to study would be easy/fun/dead-end subjects<br />
2. Exposing them to subjects they "think" they won't like is good for them. I got stuck in U.S. Government class my senior year and I dreaded it. I thought it was going to be a boring disaster. It ended up being my favorite class that year.

Best Answer

AGREE & your right you cant always choose the subject you want as some schools have columns where you choose one subject from each. Did when i was at school and my kids.

Best Answer

i think thats a good idea like after algerbra or whatever they should be taking classes that intrest them classes that could help them in a future career i know kids r lazy but maybe if they r into what they learn they will be better students maybe maybe not but i think its a good idea

Best Answer

they already kinda do....all the English and math is required to be anything you would go to collage for

Best Answer

I thought they already did?

Best Answer

only in some school

Best Answer

AGREED!! but only until 11th grade, when they have a mayor understanding of math, english, etc.

Best Answer