My own opinion: Although I do think it would suck for the good people of humanity to be gone, part of the reason why I as a human, sometimes wish the human race would die out someday because how the majority of us are incredibly narcissistic, selfish, fickle, judgmental, greedy and heartless along with every single atrocities that's been committed by us in the history of humanity.
Deathtoall187 Deathtoall187 18-21, M 5 Answers Aug 17 in Community

You forget that the state of humanity has been improving continuously. Yes there are some bad and we may very well always have them, but the world is more fair, healthier, more compassionate, than it has ever been. Do you think there was more peace love and happiness a 1000 year ago. hell no back then life ward hard and incredibly cheap. the average life span was 35, disease was rampant, and governments were essentially dictatorships, ie kings that ruled by decree, based only on whats is good for them. People world over were tortured, crucified, burned at the stake simply for having different beleifs. Do you see what is happening in Iraq and Syria, with ISIS and Al Queda. that was how the whole world was their was not escape no refuge and no heroes.

Best Answer

Good point. Maybe I should stop spending so much time on the American media/press and internet that's full of negative news, people and hate.

Best Answer

It's common for young people to be grim. Chin up, all! The best is yet to come.

Best Answer

seems pointless to consider, doesn't it?

Best Answer

I'm with you Incognito. I think we are an evolutionary screwup myself.

Best Answer

But would someone exterminating the vast majority of the human race be a good deed, or would it just be another atrocity for you to be horrified by?

Best Answer

Well you have a good point there. What I mean is, if the world actually is ever gonna end(despite that we've predicted this for centuries and failed) or a random disaster of some sort that'll ever happen to end the atrocities.

Best Answer

Well animals would go on hurting each other, and maybe without humans to serve as a point of comparison it would end up seeming like a similar level of continuous atrocity. Y'know, cats torturing mice, baby praying mantises eating each other, tarantulas turning the insides of mice to liquid... (mice have it rough). It's less, uh, planned out and deliberate and sadistic, but it's still living things suffering and dying all the time, continuously.
I really can't understand people who see the good in the world.

Best Answer