CarcinogenicCacti CarcinogenicCacti 31-35, F 23 Answers Jan 16 in Parenting & Family

I had twins like that. I made a playroom and sat with them. Whenever it was time to leave the playroom, we played a game called, now it time to pick up toys ( sung to the tune of Mary had a little lamb).

Best Answer

Teach the child to clean & pick-up by making a game of it :)<br />
(from experience, you aren't doing them a favor by doing it for them; then they expect it and will expect their spouse to clean after them!)

Best Answer

Aww but she does ... She sweeps and cleans windows just not to my standards but hey I guess I'm just gonna have to live with it. I'm just worried incase my landlord ever comes round and sees toothpaste smeared on walls. Herbs and spices tipped on the kitchen floor ... Oh it's endless...

Best Answer

Maybe she needs more personal time with you.

Best Answer

It's great you are teaching her to clean-keep it up :) Don't nag her about 'your-standards,' that will turn her away; give her a reason to want to do it. Now give her the cloth to get the toothpaste off and follow-up with letting her repot the plants and sweep the dirt into a dust pan.
Have you thought to section-off a quarter of her bedroom that she can do what she wants? Maybe paint one section of the wall with chalk-board-paint? Get her a canvas to smear the toothpaste on...etc...

Best Answer

Try to think of it as a part of your fitness regimen! :D

Best Answer

But my husband said I sound stressed out.. I can't help having high standards. My
House hasn't been the same since having my daughter. As lovely as she is I just like a tranquil home clutter free otherwise I can't function. I was never like this before I had a child. :/

Best Answer

Raising a child does present occasional frustrations - we were all once children. If you can keep your calm, I'm sure she will learn tidiness - after a time. Ask your mother how she coped with her daughter's clutter. :)

Best Answer

Umm my mum was a career woman I looked after my siblings and tidied up after them !! Being the older sister has it's cons.

Best Answer

I wish I could be more helpful. She'll only be young a short time - let love overwhelm the frustrations. (hugs)

Best Answer

Lock the child in a closet.

Best Answer

Make sure everything has a "place". Storage is key! Toy boxes, cabinets and shelves where everything goes. I work full time and my wife stays home with our son but I am a neat freak so I spend 15-20 minutes a day putting the house back together in the morning or evening. My wife cleans here and there when she has time and then every other weekend I clean the house top to bottom. I had a professional cleaning person show me how to clean our house quickly and effectively so I can do it in less than three hours. Dishes and kitchen cleaned every day. Bills and paperwork filed in cabinet ASAP. Good luck!

Best Answer

Solution = Don't even bother tidying when kids are around haha <br />
Serious, it's like counting sand in a storm and as long as it's clean then untidy doesn't matter 😉

Best Answer

Hahaha!

Best Answer

LOL Or when you're both artists who save everything because it might come in handy later

Best Answer

Redefine your definition of "tidy"...it's never going to be perfect with a kid around, i am satisfied if there's no toys in my walking path, no food or juice boxes in random places

Best Answer

Show home standard !

Best Answer

Humans a wrecking balls should not mate. <br />
Now you have a wrecking ball child.

Best Answer

Pull out the leaf blower!

Best Answer

TASER?

Best Answer

wait until said child is asleep

Best Answer

Keep the child in one room

Best Answer

cage the wee beast near a TV with a select few of it's favorite things to destroy

Best Answer