i agree, since i dont drink soda =p. but the gov't shouldnt do it for the well-being of others- they'll either still buy sodas or find another unhealthy alternative. The gov't should do it to make more money from it and help students pay for college tuition with it, or something else useful

Best Answer

Sure, tax soda. No body needs soda. Convert the country's food supply to organic and change the balance of the system so that the cheaper, more available food is organic, all natural, and healthy. It can be done...organics is a market that is growing about 20% annually.

Best Answer

they should make people more smarter

Best Answer

Raising the tax on junk food does f-all. If someone really wants it, they'll find a way to get it. What the government needs is to grab balls and institute regulations regarding healthy food. If it is cheaper to go to a fast food restuarant then to the store for a meal, guess what people will do? If you raise costs of the cheaper food, it only makes it harder for people to feed themselves. Lower the cost of healthy eating so that people can have the choice available. I know for my family the difference between eating at a fast food place instead of buying veggies and meat is insane. It's really ridiculous considering we live in a farming area.

Best Answer

Don't get me started on the stupid $hit our Gov't does. 95% of the thing they are involved in they have no Constitutional right to do.

Best Answer

The only thing the government is trying to "figure out" is a means of more control over personal freedom.

Best Answer

A penny an ounce... I don't think it will make a difference... Maybe a buck a drink will make people think twice... help pay for all the people who go to the emergency room with self induced health problems.... Or better yet... encourage them to drink water.

Best Answer

Stop subsidizing cigarettes and subsidize growing HEALTHY vegetables instead?

Best Answer