went to the recruiting station with my boyfriend because he is thinking about joining the air force and I asked the recruiter about being married to an air force man and he basically just told me that if I need anything the military will take care of everything while he is deployed. I just want to know the details because honestly we wasn't really interested into talking to me, just my boyfriend.
Caitlynlove Caitlynlove 18-21 7 Answers Jan 31 in Military

You are on your own, my dear. The military only gives benefits to legal spouses. I don't have a clue what he was referring to.

Best Answer

Sorry, I misread your question. Married you are entitled to rent on base housing, access to medical care, commissary and box privileges, chaplain and counseling services, and many more base privileges. The airmen's pay is also more when they are married.

Best Answer

Did you know recruiters lie.... and why not join yourself. The Airforce is very friendly, cares more than the other branches.

Your husband, gets a pay check, that is what the USAF takes care of, medical care is average, if you have a treatment facility. It is not a free ride.

Best Answer

And you said, What about pillow talk?

Best Answer

I wasn't in the Airforce , but the Army , be careful , but I do know several AF guys in fact my daughters Bf just went off to basic.. from what my retired friend has told me, really the AF is behind the scenes , don't get me wrong they do carry out special missions etc..and I know some AF guys will kill me, but for most part depending on what he signed up for he really has it made.

But as far as the gov..picking up ALL the slack I call BS....cough cough.. if your not married don't plan on to much if any help. when I was in if you weren't married you were required to stay on base regardless , and freshly new recurits married and to stay in on base housing . But if you are or get married they do and will pick up all medical, dental, some housing , some schooling etc... but be prepared for allot of waiting , questions , allot of running here and there and back there ..think the term red tape...it really means something ...in the Army we had a saying " Hurry up and wait " you do a lot of that .

Best Answer

Want to buy a bridge ?

Best Answer

Don't count on that. A recruiter will say just about anything short of against the law. A few of my friends found that out.

Best Answer

That's what I was scared about, I have always heard they just care about someone joining but he also said they get paid no matter if someone joins or not. which was kinda hard to believe.

Best Answer

You only get paid if you join. They don't hand out the money for nothing.

Best Answer

Chair force*

Best Answer