went to the recruiting station with my boyfriend because he is thinking about joining the air force and I asked the recruiter about being married to an air force man and he basically just told me that if I need anything the military will take care of everything while he is deployed. I just want to know the details because honestly we wasn't really interested into talking to me, just my boyfriend.
Caitlynlove Caitlynlove 18-21 7 Answers Jan 31 in Military

You are on your own, my dear. The military only gives benefits to legal spouses. I don't have a clue what he was referring to.

Best Answer

Sorry, I misread your question. Married you are entitled to rent on base housing, access to medical care, commissary and box privileges, chaplain and counseling services, and many more base privileges. The airmen's pay is also more when they are married.

Best Answer

Did you know recruiters lie.... and why not join yourself. The Airforce is very friendly, cares more than the other branches.<br />
Your husband, gets a pay check, that is what the USAF takes care of, medical care is average, if you have a treatment facility. It is not a free ride.

Best Answer

Want to buy a bridge ?

Best Answer

Don't count on that. A recruiter will say just about anything short of against the law. A few of my friends found that out.

Best Answer

That's what I was scared about, I have always heard they just care about someone joining but he also said they get paid no matter if someone joins or not. which was kinda hard to believe.

Best Answer

You only get paid if you join. They don't hand out the money for nothing.

Best Answer

Chair force*

Best Answer