IMAGINATIONATWORK IMAGINATIONATWORK 36-40 26 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Community

More precisely what makes members of the same species superior to another, ignorance, arrogance and fear, in varying proportions.

Best Answer

Unfortunately it runs deeper than race. It is down to the tribal "community" level. It served us well in early man, where outsiders normally meant enemies were ready to encroach into your territory and steal your resources and woman. By believing you were superior made it easier eliminate other tribes that were competing for the same resources. In todays world we just don't have the need for tribal mentality. We are part of much bigger kingdoms and aren't under constant threat. Unfortunately it is trait baggage left over, that really is overcome by traveling and getting to understand people different then you.

Best Answer

Same as one political party can feel superior to those different.

Best Answer

Sadly its not just that, for some reason with money think there superior also.

Best Answer

All I can say is, I work in Detroit, and I'm darn glad I don't live anywhere close to Detroit.<br />
Just saying.

Best Answer

Funny how those who proclaim their racial superiority loudest are rarely individuals who've contributed anything personally of value that would uplift either their race or humankind in general.

Best Answer

One entire race of humans doesn't believe that, only certain dumb members of each race does.

Best Answer

run faster,jump higher,natural tan,natural rhythm & hung...........

Best Answer

Oncemoor gave a good answer there. Also here is an interesting thing to consider. I live in S.Africa. The previous government which was finally ousted in 1994 came up with a law called Apartheid. You have probably heard of it. It dictated that White people should live apart from other races. This government was staunchly Christian. Their dominant church was called "Die Gereformeerde Kerk Van God." In English "The Dutch Reformed Church Of God."<br />
This church taught them that Black people and basically anyone not classed as White were inferior. They had many quotes from the Bible to support this. Stories like the Tower of Babel were god apparently placed a curse on dark skinned people. So they basically believed that they were acting with their god's blessing. They also had other reasons like the pact that they made with their god involving a huge battle against the Zulus in which they emerged victorious against apparently insurmountable odds. It was called the Battle of Blood River because thousands died and the nearby river actually ran red with their blood. This victory also led them to believe that they were basically the chosen ones of god.<br />
And that is a quick history lesson on racial apartheid in S.Africa.:-)

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing that. :) I think I'm going to dig deeper on that topic - it seems interesting.

Best Answer

Yes do that. Just Google Apartheid and or Dutch reformed church. You also might be interested in Googling South African military conscription. When I finished school in 1986 I was forced into 2 years of military service by this same government. The alternative was 6 years in jail. This law applied to all White Males. It was the ultimate mission of the military to protect the country from what was seen as the "Black invasion or takeover."

Best Answer

people tend to think if they are good at taking **** over by force, kicking *** and taking names later, and generally trying to control what other people around them do (both those who do and do not look like the *** kicking group), then they are superior to others. nonsense

Best Answer

People belonging to any group (not just race) automatically assume, that their group is the best. Nobody would want to be in a ****** group. Sometimes you get to choose the group, other times not.<br />
I think it is hilarious and stupid to be proud of something that isn't an achievement at all. Patriotism for example... being proud to be born in the place they were born in... that's just nuts. If they were born somewhere else they would be just as proud about that place. Racism is pretty much the same idiocy to me.

Best Answer

ignorance and stupidity

Best Answer

Do not look at the bigot's to lay foundation to TRAITS that may be superior. I f you confuse crazy with positive traits that can be developed or developed from currently with in than you will only see the fanatics and their insanity.

Best Answer

The traits I speak of come from most all people spread across the world and even non human things as-well.

Best Answer

They can trick themselves and others into believing they're superior by subjugating all the other races within their society and granting themselves exclusive priviledges. It's really only "their" society as well because they're the majority.

Best Answer

There is really only the one race..... BUT....<br />
Though eugenics was discredited last century please explain how the final of any sprint race at a top World class athletic event is almost exclusivley composed of men of Afro Caribbean descent?

Best Answer

I don't think they ba<x>se their superiority on their bodily functions...

Best Answer

it's purely geographical......nothing personal....not race related....not religiously endorced....

Best Answer

That is like saying that an an elephant is not superior to a cow since they to have the same bodily functions. What then makes a race superior then becomes the question.

Best Answer

It takes fear and some nice weapons.

Best Answer

Through our imaginations!

Best Answer