you know, december 21st? mayans? anyways, there was an indian tribe called the Hopi. they made cave drawings and what not. but they say the world is gonna end when there are spider webs in the sky. think about technology. OR maybe its anudder y2k thing. we'll see. nice knowing you just in case.
MYKOMPUTER MYKOMPUTER 26-30, M 28 Answers Dec 19, 2012 in Hobbies

Something WILL happen in two days but its not the end of the world, believe me. Only God knows the end.

Best Answer

One day im going to make a calendar out of stone, that ends in 3045, June 15th, so that when i die, i will have a smile on my face at the thought of everyone running around thinking that because my calender ends after over a thousand years, that MUST mean that is when the world ends.<br />
There are 2 reasons why i dont believe the world is ending.<br />
1) Billions of calendars have ended, if any other calender ended and people started saying that meant it was the end of the world, you would think they were an idiot.<br />
2) The concept of leap years is a recent one, it is meant to compensate for the idea that the day is actually a few seconds longer than 24 hours. So every 4 years, the Myan calander has become 1 more day out. There has been roughly 514 leap years since it was first thought up. That means if the Myan calender meant anything, the world would have ended 7 months ago.

Best Answer

I seriously doubt that it will be the end of the world because I am just not that lucky...

Best Answer

then why ask such a ignorant question,

Best Answer

I think the whole idea is just stupid and overrated. No one made this big of a deal when this was supposed to happen in 2000, no one thought we where actually going to die. We're not but the thing is, I think that because people THINK we will, there will be a giant world war or people will be doing dumb things and getting in a lot of trouble. <br />
The calendar was CREATED by man. numbers where CREATED by man. Honestly, think about it. They where created by us, meaning they truly don't exist to anything of the Earth or outside of this planet. It's not like a meteor is going to wake up out of bed and say "Today is the 21st! Looks like Earth needs to die today!" <br />
Really, it's nothing. We won't die and if we do, who cares, no one is going to be around to remember it. No one is going to be around to care about what's happened. There is no way with the technology we have now that we can do anything to save ourselves and frankly, I very much doubt that we'll be able to survive on any other planet.

Best Answer

No. A civilization that practiced human sacrifice - sounds like it was enslaved by Satantic power. Who should really care what predictions came out of it, such that were likely influenced by demons?

Best Answer

Are you sure you are not thinking of the Aztecs? I know they practiced human sacrifice, but I've never heard that about the Mayans.

Best Answer

I imagine it was also practiced by the Mayans, although probably on a lesser scale.

Best Answer

Watch out On Dec 21 for The End of Days - getting shorter...yep after the Winter Solstice the days will start getting longer - at least in the Western Hemisphere....

Best Answer

Ignorance included: this is B/S. :)

Best Answer

How many end of the world predictions do we need before people figure it out? The world isn't any more likely to end on the 21st than any other day.

Best Answer

its just bullcrap, no one in the past predicted the end of the world

Best Answer

well first of all no one but god knows when we will all die it might be tomorrow or 5 hours from now , second of all who the **** are mayans ive never even heard of them are they some indian tribe carving and finger painting walls and scaring people about it ? if so then wow u guys are gone full retard believing **** like that

Best Answer

I am Incan. If we thought that every Dec 31, when your calendar ended that the world would end too, where would that get us? Guess what happens when a calendar ends? It goes back to the beginning and starts over? Do not believe me? Ask a Mayan. And never trust the stupid white man scientist who didn't ask a Mayan.

Best Answer

I don't believe, but I'm not shopping for Christmas dinner until the 22nd.

Best Answer

Nothing will happen. The Mayans had to end their calendar somewhere. Why expect them to write it out indefinitely? I'm sure they thought we would have got the idea and stopped bothering.

Best Answer

I doubt it, but a misanthropist can dream, can't he?

Best Answer

The end of the world will happen not with a bang or a whimper, but Donald Trump sticking his head so far up his butt people will die laughing.

Best Answer

perhaps if we work hard enough, get the government to believe the world will really end we can get them to fix things and then whammo! we'll still be here and the government will be broke. mwhahaha

Best Answer

This is the same problem with the existence of gods or the effect of my rock in the garden that keeps out the tiger-panda-wolverine-hybrids.<br />
I can observe in the second case that the effect is present, but that is of itself no proof without a controlled test. The point being, it is easy to believe such a logical flaw. So when enough people say, or some people say, end of the world GG and we can't see an easy proof out of it we start filling in the gaps (I think) because we already "sorta kinda" believe it anyway.<br />
I find the whole end of the world just such another flaw, absolutely no reason AT ALL to believe this will happen.<br />
I also find that if we did find out it'd be better not to tell the masses of people since most of them will just berserk rather than join around and enjoy the final end of the show that leaves non mourning. You should be so lucky never to have to mourn a familymember friend or lover........end of the world a scary thing PFFF....

Best Answer

sorry if it sounds ignorant but i don't know and i don't care, what matters is living now and doing some good in the world. doing the best with the time we do have. seriously no one knows when they go so make the best of now. love a lot, laugh a lot, be kind as much as possible &lt;3

Best Answer

It is already 20/12/12 where I live. Feels like any other day to me.

Best Answer