I am all for reducing transfer payment, but I would start with ending price supports (subsidies) for the American sugar and tobacco industries first, then dairy, and go from there.
TheSquirrel TheSquirrel 46-50, M 6 Answers Nov 13, 2012 in Politics

throw in the subsides for other corporate interests and I agree with you

Best Answer

Gladly. It's all just a matter of what order. You can't just end them all at once, any more than you can change the income tax to a sales tax on January 1. Painful enough to end these, but you don't wan't the patient to go into cardiac arrest.

Best Answer

They don't know. It's always just one rage at a time with zero knowledge or thought of the bigger picture.

Best Answer

It gets me when I hear this "it's all the urban backs, etc, getting welfare" when they do too. Plus, not all blacks get welfare anyway. When the party ends, my white farmer friends are in for some big surprises.

Best Answer

Babe. It's the same thing as all the hysteria of keep the Goverment out of my Medicare. Stupid is as stupid is ;)

Best Answer

Yes. I am less and less amused about how we look down on Portugal, Spain, and Greece, when we are in similar straights. The USA is a wonderful place with wonderful people, but there are some things we, as a people, are dumb as stumps about. This is one of them.

Best Answer

The gov has no business giving money away.

http://www.fee.org/library/not-yours-to-give-2/

Best Answer

Yes. Its time to shut it all down. Rich farmers do not need government payments.

Best Answer

No farmer needs it. The bigger, largely corporate, farms are simply better at taking advantage of the situation.

Best Answer

Some 60% of the republican party is rural and most are evangelicals. Making friends much less sense has never been their strong suit. Why do you think they're once again petitioning to secede from the union? They were just never really cut out for a democratic society.

Best Answer

Making friends has never been a strong suit for us Scots-Irish, ever, anyway, regardless of what religion we adhere to these days. We are an irritable lot. However, you are incorrect about them and democratic society. The early history of the United States IS the history of Scots-Irish pushing for representation, albeit, with English icing on the cake. Let's face it, the Constitution would have been less meaningful with "fook this" and "fooking that" all through it.

Best Answer

It's not just because they're Scots-Irish, it's because they're rural farmers. Get with the program, this is the modern military-industrial complex and demanding small government and archaic values like any rural farmer would just doesn't cut it anymore. You want to be on the winning side then move to the big city like everybody else.

Best Answer

No. It's genetic.

Best Answer

Sounds like the same kind of excuses the fundamentalists use whether they're Scot-Irish or not.

Best Answer

You so funny. I think that they have much to learn; however, I certainly do not see the modern, "sophisticated" urban person as having a better grip on reality. There are some good things to be said about archaic values that a person who uses the term "military-industrial complex" a-la Ike should remember.

Best Answer

I don't think they have a better grip on reality either, merely that they're on the winning side in this battle and rural people better get used to it or continue to suffer the consequences.

Best Answer

If the winning side destroys everything, then where is the win? By the way, I am a city person, just not a normal one.

Best Answer

The winners always destroy everything. That's how they win. The white farmers destroyed the Native American's land, the industries destroyed it some more, and soon it will be the robots. If that bothers you I'm sure you could find a nice isolated cave or island or something to live on.

Best Answer

I'm not sure what's making you angry, but I don't thing I was disagreeing with you, just adding that the supposedly illuminated people are not necessarily terribly bright either.

Best Answer

I'm not the least bit angry. Just stating simple facts of life.

Best Answer