is the muslim community people will accept me as a muslim girl?
sweetamu sweetamu 18-21 6 Answers Jan 27, 2012

I don't think anyone should change, if your lover is muslin and can't accept your religion why doesn't he change? Why is it that it's always the women that have accomodate their wishes. Besides that, Muslims believe in polygamy,are you ready to be one of the many wives?

Best Answer

I live in a place where we have many Muslims, it is a fact that the men are allowed to have many wives if the so wish....do you not call that polygamy?

Best Answer

i added you to my circle to discuss freely!! i will delete all my comments

Best Answer

why would you want to convert to a religion where the woman have to be covered head to toe and have to ask permission to go outside?

Best Answer

There will always be those who accept and those who reject. Most people who practice a faith, will accept converts, because they view the fact that you converted as proof that they are right. On the other side of that issue, the faith you left may view your change in faith as a betrayal of their trust, and no longer accept you. <br />
Just be sure a change in faith is what you want, as it is far more than a change in which God you pray to, or the rituals you use in prayer. Culturally, your life will be very different. Everything from the way you dress, to the food you eat, to the way you talk to and are talked to by men. Your relationships with family and old friends could be strained beyond repair. Absentmindedly mumbling a loved childhood rhyme or song, could be interpreted as a blasphemy and be harshly punished. Things you find pleasure doing could be forbidden by your new faith, and things you hate doing may be required. <br />
If you can, live as though you were of that faith for a year before actually converting. Live in a Muslim house. Work in a Muslim job. Associate with Muslim women and listen very carefully to what they say. That will tell you how accepted you will be, if it is a culture you will be comfortable living in, and if you will have to give up your family for your new faith.<br />
Wishing you well.

Best Answer

converting is ur right but don't advise someone to do so. i hope ur family members accept u

Best Answer

I think they will accept you as long as you follow their customs

Best Answer

I am so mystified. No offense, but I see no reason why anyone would convert to Islam, ever. Ever.<br />
Why not just stay Hindu? Are you thinking of converting just to fit in?

Best Answer

i like all the three religions.. god is only one... my lover is a muslim guy... i have to change to get marry .. i didnt get any idea.. so confused..thats y am asking u friends...

Best Answer

Well, you have to make your own choices and follow your own path. I can tell you that I would never convert to another religion based upon my lover's religion. Especially not a religion that makes me his property. No thanks. But good luck to you.

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

Why does the woman have to convert? Why can't he? In this case there is clearly a gain for him since as a Muslim, you pretty much become his property. I would think that if he loved and respected you, he would change religions to afford you the greatest freedoms and rights. .... As for the property issue, you are basically selling yourself into slavery for love. What happens if the love dies? You have no way out. He can always have you raped and then throw you out on the streets as an adulterous with nothing, or have you stoned for adultery. I also understand that death by "accidental" fire is a popular way to get rid of a wife that isn't wanted. .... Love of a man is the wrong reason to change faith and give up your rights.

Best Answer

Yeah, they are only too happy to help you into a full body bedsheet.
Why will you delete your comments after 5 min? Its ok to say this lady should sign her life over to this dude as property, for the love of Pete, but not ok that people can see that this was your advice two days later Samsum1984?

Best Answer

i do respect your opinion!! i will advice you again to read deeply about the things before talk about it... Thanks.

Best Answer

I have read the Koran. Is there something else I should read that could change my mind about giving away all my rights and becomming property?

Best Answer