I have these black licorice candies and I've been eating a few ( about 3 handfuls now ) and the first bit, my tongue was getting sore, and then it started numbing out a bit, then I couldn't taste much. I stopped and it seemed to be doing just fine, then i ate some more and now it's doing it again, added with a sort swelling in my throat ( it doesn't hurt though ), same symptoms as the last time but now the edges of my tongue are kinda sore. I've never had a problem with black licorice before. I've always eaten it without a problem but that's the thing, I don't eat it that much. Could this be an allergy?
ZappedToTheUnicorn ZappedToTheUnicorn 22-25, F 11 Answers Dec 27, 2012 in Health

I hope it's not because Mr. Pibb and Black licorice equals crazy delicious...

Best Answer

ya maybe it is due to diff contents.check for it.and dont eat same product again.

Best Answer

maybe it's the cookies?

Best Answer

Allerigies can develop over time. Some people who never had sensitivity to peanuts sometimes end up with this condition. Check to see if the licorice is processed in a plant that also deals with tree nuts. That could be a warning sign to get checked out.

Best Answer

Allergies tend to develop over time, so yes, it's possible.

Best Answer

someone tampered with your candy

Best Answer

i'm no doctor

Best Answer