It’s an active imagination. Your subconscious creates images and sounds (also called dreams) when you are asleep (REM sleep). If you are not fully in that “mode” (coming out of it), you will “hear” strange sounds. Because the mind can only work with the memories contained therein, these “sounds” are very familiar to you. Sometimes people will “hear” the voices of long departed loved ones, other times they will “hear” their child or pet (especially if that thought was “active” prior to falling to sleep or if something (such as a song or TV show) triggered it.)

Best Answer

I think I stay in REM most of the night. It's an odd thing that has been occurring over the last couple of years. My dreams seem to go on and on. I suppose the feeling that something is "calling me" is part of that- though it's odd and new.

Best Answer

Peri-menopause, perhaps or eating too close to going to bed.

Best Answer

So hormones can do this kind of thing too? Ack.

Best Answer

Hormones affect every part of our lives. Scary, huh?

Best Answer

Cruel and unusual punishment. lol

Best Answer

Life sure can be!

Best Answer

.........perhaps you are a light sleeper, either that or your sub-conscious is trying to mind-phk you......

Best Answer

I tend to dream a lot- especially these last few years. Not sure what it is really.

Best Answer

...keep a diary of events. It may be something as minor as the sub-con mind trying to remind you of something - or it could be underlying stress issues. Irrespective, if it persists, consult a doc....

Best Answer

I'm starting to think it has to do with unfulfilled responsibilities...that I'm being called on in the middle of the night because I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. All of the noises seem to be about being "summoned". Even the cat in the litter box, since I always did the scoop and flush whenever she would use it. Still trying to make it all out.

Best Answer

idk, try to stay up for as long as you can maybe. It might pass eventually. But i'm no expert.

Best Answer

Can't do that one. Gotta have some sleep.

Best Answer

Maybe you are stressed?

Best Answer

I'd say that's true. But I've been "stressed" for many years. It's part of being a single mom in my situation. This is new, though I guess it could be a new manifestation of stress.

Best Answer