Absolutely. I met my best friend in Nursing School. She was younger, beautiful, sexy and married. I have been married for 15 years (as of tomorrow). We have a closer relationship because we care deeply about each other and there is no physical relationship to get in the way. Of course I have thought about it but would not ruin the friendship we have over sex. We can and have talked to each other, more openly than we do with our respective spouses. We don't judge each other, so nothing is taboo.<br />
Its called a mature, adult relationship.

Best Answer

thats good to know,,,.

Best Answer

But you have thought about it.. and if she had thought about it at the same time and acted on it.. god knows where you would be now.. Just saying.

Best Answer

you say you wouldn't have sex because it would ruin the friendship ..what about that it would devastate your marriage?

Best Answer

If you ever thought about crossing the line than it's not a genuine friendship and it has already gone into foul play. Mature relationships cross no lines that would cause disrespect or dishonor to someones marriage.

Best Answer

yes if you're ugly and he doesn't drink

Best Answer

SUUURE THEY CAN....<br />
;)

Best Answer

you think so?

Best Answer

YEP!

Best Answer

My opinion by experience is no. If you can confide in another person more than your spouse, then you are shortchanging your marriage. Marriage is for more than sex. It is a help to one another, physical, emotional, and mental. If the friendship isn't with both persons in the marriage it risks the danger of separating the marriage partners at some point. The partner will feel a distance between them that is something almost intangible and unable to be put into words. I have experienced this and wondered why, and then found out about this so called friend. Just sayin' but in this world people do what they want to do mostly.

Best Answer

I think you would definitely need friendship to fall back on when your sex drives deteriorate as you age!

Best Answer

haha! nice one.

Best Answer

I object, I'm 55 and still have the sex drive of an 18yo and even better have much more experience.

Best Answer

Congratulations!

Best Answer

men and women cannot be JUST friends unless their is ZERO attraction on BOTH sides.

Best Answer

Why do people always assume that a man and a woman (married or otherwise) cannot simply be friends > Why the automatic assumption that the relationship involves a s exual element ?

Best Answer

If it was just a casual ¨friends¨ thats not really questionable but being ¨best of friends¨ means a lot because it involves closeness....the innermost feelings.

Best Answer

My Lady and I are as close as two people can possibly be - go everywhgere together, share a hotel room (twin beds) but we are not intimate. and I know other couples in a similar relationship. There can be love without sex, and sex without love ; don't assume two close friends of opposite genders nevertheless must neccesarily be in a sexual relationship !

Best Answer

because of the human sex drive

Best Answer

I think they can, for a while. Feelings have a way of showing up.

Best Answer

Yes.

People do not have to be ruled by their emotions. Two adults can be friends without having a sexual relationship. We are all capable of using our brains.

If you're concerned about your spouse and his female friend, make sure you are satisfying his needs. He will be more vulnerable to his emotions if he doesn't have a deep connection with you, emotionally and physically. Needs don't magically go away just because you don't feel like meeting them.

It's degrading to your spouse to forbid him from having certain friendships because you don't trust him. This is a sure-fire way to get him to stop wanting to be with you, and may even push him closer to his friend. If you don't trust him, don't be with him.

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

You can't even openly communicate with your own spouse? Some sort of a problematic marriage there....you should marry the person whom you can openly talk to...

Best Answer

I REALLY DO NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT, BUT EACH ONE SHOULD REALLY BE CAREFUL WHAT THEY SAY IN A TEXT, BECAUSE IT IS DIFFICULT TO BE CLOSE ENOUGH FRIENDS FOR THE OTHER PARTY TO UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF EVERYTHING YOU SAY. SOMETIMES THE FRIENDSHIP COMES BY BOTH HAVING A FEELING OF INSECURETY AND CAN BE A GREAT SOURCE OF COMFORT FOR EACH JUST TO HAVE SOMEONE TO TALK TO. IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBILE TO REMOVE THE MISCONCEPTION OF MUTUAL FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS.

Best Answer

well they should be best of friends if they got married

Best Answer

If you were my wife best friend I would catch you and beat that *** ,i don't play that real men don't do women best friend unless they are gay

Best Answer

Sum can .....sum can't.

Best Answer

Yes we can!! If both are pure in their hearts then it can be!! I have few such best friends!!They are simply wonderful!!

Best Answer

Of course they can be friends. A married person could cheat with anyone. But hopefully they trust each other and are dedicated to the other.

Best Answer

Yes and can a unmarried woman be the friend of a unmarried man.

Best Answer

perfectly...maybe morethan friends?

Best Answer

Oh har that the question being answered. For the two to remain just friends.

Best Answer

Anything is possible. I know of such a relationship you speak of and it is working like you say .

Best Answer