I have a friend who has come to visit me here in China. 1. He didn't tell me he had put in leave for the trip - he just told me two weeks before that it had been approved and he would be here. 2. I had to use all of my leave to go back home because of a family emergency and have to work 7 days next week and 6 the week after to make up the time that I took off to spend with him. 3. We've been out drinking until at least 4 in the morning ever night since he's been here. I didn't feel like going out to a club again tonight seeing as how we were out clubbing until 6 this morning. Though he claims that he came here to see me, he is now out with my friends clubbing again tonight after I told him that it was super inconvenient for me to make time for him and I felt like he was being an inconsiderate ***. We're not dating, we never have and I'm not interested in dating him. It's just irritating. If he wanted a party trip, there was no reason for me to take off work.
RedDragon0214 RedDragon0214 26-30, F 11 Answers Sep 10, 2009

Not in the least. It is he who is being unreasonable and a very bad house guest.

Best Answer

Not at all. You are being "responsible".

Best Answer

your queston details were too long for me to be bothered with. however in my experience when people think others are being unreasonable normally they are being the unreasonable one. so to play it safe I will say. (yes you are being unreasonable)

Best Answer

You are an amazing friend to have done what you did..he is very lucky to have a friend like and its a shame he is blinded by his own selfishness.. <br />
You have done more than he deserves! I wonder if he would do the same for you if you were to drop in on him unannounced? <br />
You are a wonderful friend and certainly not unreasonable at all!

Best Answer

do what you have to do...tou have been a good host for a time and now he can go out without you...do not mess up your job because of a guest

Best Answer

You are not being unreasonable.

Best Answer

Tell him you have to work. Be honest...he can party with your friends and you can meet him later.

Best Answer

Unfortunately many people do not think beyond themselves. I don't think you are being unreasonable.

Best Answer

You are being very reasonable, and responsible....He's being selfish.

Best Answer

child please... u had me at number one!!! he's LUCKY that u even tolerated his azz at all! that's why i don't do well with friendships in real life because folks are ALWAYS trying to get over on u. i feel comfortable with the buds i have in ep... greatest intellectual stimulation i've ever had with a friend. one thing that folks need to get over is BEING NICE- which ends up involving doing something u really do not want to do and u always pay for it with a situation like this, for instance. next time don't even answer ur phone and if i were u i'd put his azz out! good luck and don't let him get on ur nerves! china, huh? fascinating =)

Best Answer

no, i don't think that you are being unreasonable at all. it is great to hang out and everything, but if he can't respect the fact that you have taken time for him and that you need time for yourself or to rest, then maybe it was just a party trip...sometimes people can be so selfish.

Best Answer