40yearoldfreshman 40yearoldfreshman 41-45, M 16 Answers Jul 30, 2012

Absolutely not. What would you be doing at 40 years that would not involve learning- nothing. Life is a long learning process! The minute we stop learning is when we are brain dead or simply dead. Even while in coma, we learn. So, do not have hang-ups: just do the subjects and shine, my friend. Mike

Best Answer

Do it if you really want to do it. I would like to complete my Bachelors degree some day and I will but I will not do it to get a better pay because I know I am already at the highest I could achieve at this point in my career. I would do it because I want to obtain a degree and I do not think its too late, doesn't really matter what your age is :) I have worked at several universities and I remember once helping a 60 year old complete his application to enroll into an Associates degree program. He was a millionaire but he just wanted to obtain the degree, so go for it, if its what you really want to do.

Best Answer

We are never too old to learn. This might as well be a motivation. You might meet people you could hang out with, or who could tell you about other jobs, better than the one you have one. Good luck!

Best Answer

When I started college, I had a 65 year old classmate and she did great.

Best Answer

No! It's up to you whether you stay where you are. If you want to give up a job that pays good that's your choice

Best Answer

I don't really have a great deal of choice. I broke 8 ribs 6 years ago, and found out that I have an issue with my bone strength. Physically I can perform the duties of my work at this time, but a few more years down the line, i'm not so sure. My bones never healed correctly either, so they are a constant source of discomfort.

Best Answer

Go where your passion takes you. I went back as a high school drop out at age 30, got ba and ma.

Best Answer

nope my brother did it at 60 got his batchler degre

Best Answer

Why are you asking us? We aren't the ones who will be walking in your shoes everyday, relying on us for your well being and happiness. I think you just need to assess and plan out what you want for your life, discover more about your organic self which will lead you to what you should do.

Best Answer

I think if you have your heart set on going back to college you should do it. Is there any chance you could keep your job and maybe do a course part time.

Best Answer

my mom is 43 and she has been going to school for a year now. there is no age limit for wanting to better yourself threw education

Best Answer

Everyone seems to agree with my feelings about it, but I will say in the area I live in, that is so not the case. We have a State College that is the center of our town, and yet the "townies" treat it like a psych wing, as opposed to a way out of back breaking, menial labor.

Best Answer

well that dosnt make much sence...why would they think that?

Best Answer

No go for it. If it's what you really want to do then just do it. Power to you for returning after so long.

Best Answer