I'm a sixteen year old male and I feel like I'm losing my mind. What I'd like to know is: does this happen to everyone? Here are the specifics. (Hopefuly they help.) As a child I was molested and abused by both parents. I, like a normal person, got over it. Then I got involved with some bad stuff that left me with ptsd, but the rare episodes don't really bother me. I have insomnia, though I have no idea what it stems from. Whether psychological or physical. Either way, recently my life has been going pretty well, until the past week. I've been feeling somewhat insane. I can't control my emotions like I used to, and I actually cried for the first time in nearly ten years yesterday. Which is ridiculous. I'm not supposed to cry. Anyway, I have problems that I know other people see as problems but I don't see as such. Meaning my sense of ethics is very different from the societal standards. Makes me feel crazy. Does anyone know whats going on with me here? And how do I fix it?
threethousandtwelve66666 threethousandtwelve66666 22-25, M 1 Answer Dec 22, 2013 in Health

Insomnia is screwing with you. Lack of proper sleep erodes your mental state. If you were to get anything looked at, that would be your first stop.

Best Answer

That would make sense. How do I get that "looked at?"

Best Answer

Your local physician. They'll probably put you on sleep aids first. Try them out for at least two weeks. If it's not helping you get into a sleep rhythm or your quality of sleep isn't improving, report that back to your doctor and they'll recommend the next step.

Best Answer

Ok thank you.

Best Answer