lisa1239 lisa1239 18-21, F 15 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Depression

Someone please define: NORMAL who is actually normal on EP? :P

Best Answer

amen brother

Best Answer

Why the hell do you wanna be normal?Normal is boring,being different may cause you pain but you are special when you're different,you stand out more than anyone else :D I'm shy,& quite just with new people but I'm not boring I'm interesting,how are YOU boring?Explain to me :)

Best Answer

well i hardly have friends and im always in my room and people think im not normal.

Best Answer

Well those people need to grow up & accept who you are :) I have like I don't know how many friends but I like staying alone too,people always call me "weird" & "creeoy" but I don't care,I'm proud because I am weird & creepy,you just have to ignore them & say thankyou when they tell you you arent normal :)

Best Answer

Of course you're normal. The question is, are you content?

Best Answer

You sound kind of depressed and lonely, which is perfectly normal in your age range.

Best Answer

Lot's of people like to be alone...as long as you like it it's not an issue. Just because it's not someone else's normal doesn't mean it's not fine. I mean some people like to run marathons in their spare time and I think that's nuts.

Best Answer

You're fine

Best Answer

Ya sound normal to me

Best Answer

yes, i would like to think so because otherwise I would then be considered abnormal and we just cant have that now can we?

Best Answer

I went through the same thing at your age. I never wanted to hang out with my friends because I had terrible social anxiety. I became shy and quiet. I would sleep a lot. One time I slept for 19 hours straight because i didnt see the point in getting up. I was very depressed i hated my life. I started reading self help books like the art of talking to anyone and how to get people to like you. I mustered up the courage to join a community college and got an associates degree. Then i got a job and moved out. Now im pretty happy with myself. I used to think i was boring and no one would want to hang out with me but now i realize im really picky about who i hang out with. i feel like a lot of people are too boring lol. Even my best friend who had a million friends at the time while i had none now says he doesnt have any real friends now except me. Ive always been a loyal friends to him even though he treated me like ****. Most people are lucky if they a couple real friends For life. Everyone else is just an aquaintance. Like the wise king Solomon said "many claim to have unfailing love, but a faithful person who can find?" Proverbs 20:13.<br />
To break the boring cycle to need to be interesting which means you need to do stuff. This should include your passion in life. My passion is working on cars particularly Audi's so I like to go to the junk yard and look for spare parts in case something breaks (its an Audi after all lol). I like to ride my bike its a Fuji hybrid which is half road bike half mountain bike, its pretty fast i average about 40 mile bike rides on a good day. I have 2 ATVs I ride when I get a chance. I play tennis on nice days I'm not good mostly just hit the ball back and forth with a friend lol, plus I go to church which is also a good way to meet cool people and worship the man upstairs. this summer I wanted to go on a road trip across the US but might get a second job to pay for my spend lifestyle (oh and more Audi parts, can never have enough lol). At this point money is the only thing preventing me from having insane amounts of fun and meeting more cool people. Who knows maybe theyll introduce you to something new and something different. You never know until you try. Well that's my story how I turned my life around from being depressed to being happy with myself. If you don't love yourself you can't love someone else. My motto is "do or die". Its all about finding yourself and finding that new balance in life.

Best Answer