I am a single mother of 3 daughters and my boyfriend of 6 months is 35 putting life back together after some life mistakes that put him back. He is going to school and working. I love him for who he is however there are some things that are difficult for me. He lives with mom and dad while getting his life back together. Here is the issue...i was not invited for thanksgiving, Christmas or his birthday celebration. His folks don't include me in anything and he has always been welcomed at my family gatherings. What really triggered and pulled my heart strings were when his parents are taking him to Pink concert front row tickets and his mom works for radio so she can get as many as she wants free yet I was not invited. It really bothered me that he had no clue why i was quiet all day. I did not want to ruin it for him so decided I would discuss things with him after. Am I over reacting or are my feeling legit?
lifetimes7 lifetimes7 31-35, F 16 Answers Jan 20 in Dating & Relationships

sounds like you have aproblem and I wouldnt deal with it anymore. He obviously doesnt think enough of you to put a stop to how his parents are trteating you

Best Answer

I'd say you are just reacting, which is normal. For me I can see many possible issues his family may have and it is in no way expected of them to include you, free tickets or not. You should really be clear with his family & him & just ask why! Ater dating only 6 months + with 3 kids and reading in your comments you want to stay with him for your kids I find unsettling but that is my reaction. Sounds like the concert incident pulled on your unfairness strings & not your heart strings? Every feeling one has is legitimate but an as important question may be are your feelings being expressed & understood? In my experience all humans get a big fat F in reading minds & men especially in figuring out why women act the way they do, tell him :)

Best Answer

No, you feel how you feel. Do not put anything you feel back, if you want a relationship with him you need to talk to him about this and how it made you feel. Me and my boyfriend have together for 5 years and trust me, he may not even notice it or realize that it is happening. You need to talk about it with him because if you want him apart of your life then he has to have you in his a well. Taking my boyfriend to see my family was one of the first things I did and I met his family like within the first week of dating. Family is everything and very important to both my boyfriend and me.

Best Answer

Your feelings are completely legit. The passive/aggressive tactic of pouting over the concert was not helpful. You need to talk to this guy and find out why you are not a part his family life?

Best Answer

Talk to him. Get it out of the way so you know where you stand. Then plan accordingly.

Best Answer

Do his parents know that their son is in a relationship? Maybe he hasn't told them yet, waiting it out to make sure you are the right one to bring around. Even though six months can be considered a long time to wait before introductions with the family. Just trying to look at the situation from all angles. But even if I weren't invited I would be happy he is able to have some fun, and I would hope he has a good time. I wouldn't say it is time to break it off yet, but it it getting to the point where it definitely needs to be addressed.

Best Answer

I have had dinner twice with his parents and they seemed to like me so I get mixed signals. Sometimes I wonder if there is someone else.

Best Answer

Nah, that is unlikely I'd say. His parents could also like you just fine, but really enjoy the company of their son. And they could be being selfish in wanting his attention because if you continue to be together they will start to see less and less of him. Hard to say from such a far out view as I do not know any of them. But also, if they do big family gatherings maybe he wasn't ready for you to meet everyone yet. I'm just trying to put a positive spin on it all. Prepare for the worst but expect the best, I always say.

Best Answer

so many red flags.... but some people are drawn to that sort of life

Best Answer

i feel for him before i saw the red flags so kinda sucks when your heart is already entangled.

Best Answer

Frankly it sounds to me like his parents don't really like you. Maybe they think you might of ruined their son's life and deloped a hate for you over the years(no offence). I suggest you don't hide your feelings anymore and talk to him about it. Tell him how you're feeling about it, how you feel his family treats you. If he loves you, he'll understand and will try to work things out with his family.

Best Answer

we have been together 6 mo.... I have been a great influence in his life as his life before got him in a lot of trouble . All has been positive with me that is why i dont understand. Never done drugs and good mommy...i take care of him well.

Best Answer

I advice you simply ask him about why haven't you been being invited to family gathering. If you never ask, you'll never know the answer. Best of luck!

Best Answer

Seems his family has an issue with you. No, you're feelings are valid. However, if he's trying to get back up on his feet, maybe give him some space and perhaps approach his mother and try to bond with her.

Best Answer

You are right to feel hurt, but do talk with.him since it is his parents who are excluding you.

Best Answer

Are you his g/f or are you his family's g/f ?<br />
Don't end a relationship with someone because their family does not approve of you. Your not the partner of their family your their partner.

Best Answer

That is one way to see it. Thank You

Best Answer

Your feelings are legit in my opinion. It seems that his parents do not like you and that he is not standing up to them. He is choosing mom over you.

Best Answer

Yes I will be addressing this when I tell him . He does not defend himself or me. I feel hurt but don't know if me telling him anything will change things . I stay in relationships often times for my kids . I want to be a good example to them.

Best Answer

well i think you lucked out. getting out of seeing pink. but just talk to him. and ask why.

Best Answer