i dont agree with some of the things conservatives say but my family is conservative and i am not liberal
ilovefriedchicken ilovefriedchicken 18-21, F 16 Answers May 9, 2013 in Politics

Maybe or maybe not...one can't tell by the small amount of info in your question...though here's a hint that one may be a conservative...they twist, warp and redefine reality with statements such as this.......''Uh, no. liberals only want some particular groups to have special rights, and white men to have none.''

Best Answer

Equal rights is one thing. Equal everything else is another.

Best Answer

All things are not equal, some are good, and some are bad. I'm sorry you have not learned that important lesson of life yet.

Best Answer

Who says you need to buy into everything, whether you have a Conservative Ideology or Liberal one. You believe what you believe. It's not others rights to dictate what you should believe in a free society. Who has the right to act as a gate keeper. I consider myself to have conservative leanings, yet I don't buy into the death penalty. There is nothing wrong with believing everyone should have equal rights, and identifying themselves as Conservative. I do, but it can be a slippery slope. Equal rights under the law is just that, not special rights for past wrongs, not that one group should be favored because of skin color, or economic status, or sexual orientation or what ever.

Best Answer

NO NO NO ..... eg that

Boston-Bomber-Bastard!

Best Answer

You're looking at this as two sides of a coin. Politics is not a two-sided coin. It's a spectrum of different opinions. Your family must be very zealous conservatives. Liberalism has been twisted into a profanity to some of the really cuckoo conservatives. You simply don't agree with the hate and greed and possessiveness of some conservatives.

There is nothing wrong with having ideals and morals of your own. Be careful though. Conservatives don't often agree with that simple fact.

Take this advice: anyone who says "you're either for us or against us" is trying to control you and does not deserve your loyalty.

Best Answer

If you believe everyone should have equal rights, you are more liberal than conservative.

Best Answer

Uh, no. liberals only want some particular groups to have special rights, and white men to have none.

Best Answer

I am VERY conservative and I agree with equal rights too.

but not SPECIAL rights.... IE.

- 51% of population is female - dont give "minority" rights to the majority

- gays. marriage is 1 man & 1 woman. They can have a civil union (allowing all legal rights as a married couple) - just the the term marriage.

- minorities. No affirmative action. It has been abused to punish the majority, not to help the minority.

Does tha make sense?

Best Answer

Your parents are wrong.

Best Answer

You don't have to believe everything your family believes, just like you don't have to believe everything Republicans or Democrats or Independents believe. Whatever you decide is right in politics is your choice, based on your beliefs. and dont let anyone bully you into thinking othereise. Btw, conservatism doesn't mean people shouldn't be treated equally.

Best Answer

You can be whatever you want to be- perhaps a moderate conservative if you need a lable. I'm curious- which people do not deserve equal rights in your family's view?

Best Answer

Here we go ......

Best Answer

You could be, but you are not a Republican.

Best Answer