No. "Pro-choice" is NOT the same thing as "pro-abortion" or "pro-fetal termination". There are women who would never have an abortion themselves, but don't believe that they have the right to make such a personal decision---either way---for another woman.<br />
And unless a person who wants the right to ban abortions for total strangers regardless of their situation and ability to care for a child, intends to assist with that child's quality of life, they can't call themselves "pro-life". <br />
Also, imho, no one who supports the death penalty should EVER refer to themselves as "pro-life". That's ludicrous.

Best Answer

So pro-choice doesn't mean you are ok with fetal termination? Then way exactly does "prl-choice" mean? It means a woman has a right to choose is the basic idea? And the woman has 2 real options 1:terminate the fetus or 2:carry it to term. Now there are a lot of other options after they choose option 2 but pro-life gives exactly the sake options. So if option 2 offers the exact same as a pro-life route, then the only real thing pro-choice supports is a woman's right to have a fetus terminated at will right? All it really stands to do is keep that option open. Also the whole pro-life and the death penalty thing is bullshit. A fetus is completely innocent and has done nothing to get into the situation it is in. But, that does show exactly what I meant about pro-life/pro-choice being stupid inaccurate names.

Best Answer

Pro-choice means the woman whose body it is gets to make the choice to terminate, not me, not you. I've given birth before and while I chose to do that, it's not easy nor is it without risk. Pro-choice asks the woman what she wants to do---pro-life tells her, and that IS different. And NO, you can't call yourself "pro-life" and support the death penalty, unless you want to change that term to pro--"judged innocent life". If you're making the statement that life is sacred, you can't be a hypocrite and fight for the rights of a cell cluster or zygote (potential life) and ignore the deliberate killing of living, breathing individuals. Btw, no man should really be part of the abortion conversation---he can walk away from the entire pregnancy at any point, and many do. He shouldn't ever get to dictate to a woman what she does with HER body.

Best Answer

So what "choice" is pro-choice fighting for? Because the anti-fetal termination side is all for adoption so what choice does pro-choice actually want to protect? Just think about that, what are the "choices"? So you are going to tell me that terminating a fetus who, lets face it, is there because their parents put him there either by accident or intentionally is the same as a murderer who raped a 6 month old baby to death(it happened, Google it)? That is arguably the most ignorant argument I've ever heard. So know man should be a part of the fetal termination (yeah, the term abortion is just sugar coating) conversation? Its called equal rights, it works both ways genius.

Best Answer

Now you're just babbling and making no sense. Pro-choice fights for the rights of the WOMAN who is affected, and what SHE chooses to do, whether she terminates or keeps the child. Did you know that pro-choice organisations also support the woman's right, if she chooses to have the baby and can't afford it, to affordable pre-natal care ? Many groups also have connections with social services and the foster care systems of their counties, to arrange for care of the child and possible adoption. People in the "pro-life" movement sometimes abandon the woman after she's done what they demand and given birth to the child, complaining about "their taxes" paying for social programs (weren't YOU just whining about that ?) Those of us who are pro-choice support ALL of her choices, not just the ones we would make personally. And the only men who would ever deny a woman sovereignty over her own body are men who don't like or respect women in the first place. That's the cold truth of it.

Best Answer

Ypu really enjoy slinging bullshit don't you?

Best Answer

No. My words come from real life, not a book of myths.

Best Answer

What world are you living in? Most pro-life organizations support the mother after birth. And a lot of pro-choice (suck an inaccurate name) just say "hey, we are your other option!". When was I whining about social programs?

Best Answer

"Pro-life" organisations tell her the decision she MUST make and THEN they might support her. The "pro-choice" groups respect HER choice and support her either way. You were complaining about the fairness of YOUR taxes paying for her choice. One has to assume that would include the taxes for programs that help support her prenatal care and childcare if she chooses to have the baby, right ? That's more expensive than any abortion.

Best Answer

When did I complain about my taxes? Also, pro-life groups don't tell her the choice she has to make they just don't believe fetal termination is an option. Pro life groups are all for a woman putting a child up for adoption. The only real argument between them is one says "its ok to terminate your fetus" while the other says "it is pretty ****** up to just throw away what would become a human if you would just wait" and that is why pro-fetal termination and anti-fetal termination are far more accurate. Just try thinking instead of getting pissed off because I'm a man, it might help you

Best Answer

The "pro-lifers" do want to decide, and they're very clear about that. But it's a decision every woman has to make for herself, and luckily U.S. law is on her side in letting HER make it. Your being a man simply means this is NOT a situation you personally will ever face; that's inarguable logic, based upon biological fact. If you tried thinking rationally instead of emotionally all of this would be clearer to you.

Best Answer

I am thinking rationally. Pro-choice only supports abortion as an option. That is it. All pro-life decides is that terminating a fetus is inhuman. Also, think about this, when a woman has unprotected sex she has made her choice to accept the risk of getting pregnant. She has chosen to set up the series of events that led to.the creation of.that fetus. It is that simple. When did I get emotional or mention the Bible? Also why wont you point out where I mention taxes? Yeah, I'm being the irrational one.

Best Answer

You're clearly mistaken about what pro-choice means in the first place, ergo your base premise is flawed. Anything you postulate from that point forward will therefore be the result of misinformation. And yes, you ARE being quite irrational.

Best Answer

Pro-life=abortion is wrong but we support adoption
Pro-choice=abortion is just fine
Where do I have inaccurate information here?
Also, when are you going to get to where I mentioned taxes or the Bible?

Best Answer

Pro-life: If you choose what we believe we might help you.
Pro-choice: We will help whatever choice you make, abortion, adoption or keeping the child yourself. ***I do apologise, I was having an almost identical conversation with a very religious man who thinks women should be forced to bear unwanted children, as long as his taxes don't pay for them. So, I am sorry about confusing him with you.***

Best Answer

Well in reality pro-life does give you a choice but fetal termination isn't one of the options

Best Answer

Then it's not a complete choice, because legally that's still one of the options.

Best Answer

This sounds awfully judgmental.

Best Answer

No, I don't believe what he said is truth. I think it's speculation.

Best Answer

How is calling it fetal termination not the truth? Tue word abortion means to abort, abort what? Also it isn't our body stopping a process, it is man deciding they are going to destroy (terminate) the fetus. And before you give the "pro-choice doesn't equal pro-abortion" line funk about this, what is the one option that only the pro-choice side advocates?

Best Answer

"ts like the "plan B" pill, when in reality it is the "holy **** I didn't make him wrap it so now I don't feel like dealing with the consequences and I'll instead snuff out a human life" pill."
I was referring to his entire post.

Best Answer

Or I should say, your entire post. If I say I am pro-abortion I don't believe that's accurate. Most understand when I align myself as "pro-choice" I am pro the decision for a woman to choose to abort a fetus or not. I am supporting a choice, not an outcome.

Best Answer

The 'lumping it all on the woman' needs to stop too. "Holy **** I didn't make him wrap it..." was he not born with a brain between his ears, does he need you to hold his hand because he's not capable of thinking for himself? Ah, kids will be kids.

Best Answer

Well the man sure as sh°t isn't the one deciding to go to the pharmacy to get an abortion pill now is he?

Best Answer

No he isn't, he's running the other way leaving her with not much of a choice.

Best Answer

So you've never heard of adoption? Just saying, the "not much of a choice" argument is bullshit.

Best Answer

Being a male, and a 18-21 year old at that, I can't expect you to fully understand the bond and emotional ties that occur when you carry a child to birth.
There are many reasons women have abortions; the baby is a product of rape, severe birth defects, giving birth would put the mother/baby's lives at risk and many other factors.
I think those people who jump on the 'abortion is wrong' really need to step back and consider why the mother, who's choice is it soley, is make such a hard decision. I completely agree that girls who use abortion as a form of birth control need to be taken out and shot...Well, not really, but you get my point.
But for all other factors, it's not as cut and dry at the PC brigade would have you believe.

Best Answer

The percentage of abortions that are due to rape or severe birth defects is microscopic. Most abortions are due to "oh ****, I missed my period" which isn't that in essence using abortion as birth control? When two people decide to have unprotected sex they have already made the decision to risk pregnancy consequences period. Yes the mother does build a strong emotional bond with the baby while she is carrying it but like I said, hasn't she already made her choice by having unprotected sex?

Best Answer

Two extremes both invariably wrong.

Best Answer

What 2 extremes are wrong?

Best Answer

You can't read questions? Pro life and pro choice. You think good thinks in black and white?

Best Answer

There isn't really much grey area here. Either you are ok with a woman being able to choose to terminate the fetus are you think that it isn't her decision to kill another human. Its about as simple as that. There will always be "well what if its for medical reasons" well no ****, there are a lot of things that are only done for medical reasons. And the rape argument will always rage on but that is a microscopic fraction of the cases in question. Either you are ok with the termination of a fetus (by choice) or you're not. Where is the grey here?

Best Answer

I say call it pro-ba<x>seball and pro-football and talk about sports instead.

Best Answer

Do you enjoy living in the candy coated world? You can't just ignore the issue and hope it goes away.

Best Answer

I say it's not my body and therefore not my decision. Now can we talk about sports? And get a sense of humor. They're on sale at Walmart...

Best Answer

If it was funny I would've used my wonderful sense of humor, but it wasn't so I had to call you a candyass, try making funnier comments and you might get better result.

Best Answer