grizbear73 grizbear73 36-40, M 15 Answers Jul 7, 2010

yes your the only one

Best Answer

Thats 6 out of 6.5 Billion.

Best Answer

*Yawns loudly* Oh has it finshed?.. Oh great.. Now to go do something worth while *walks out cinema half way through*

Best Answer

I felt the same keep looking at my watch to see if it was nearly finished never ever temped to watch last 2 movies

Best Answer

You're not alone. I couldn't finish the book. Couldn't finish the first movie, didn't attempt the others. It was so...repetitive.

Best Answer

I found the first one to be insufferably tedious (never had a desire to see the others). It actually takes far less time to read the events being intricate detailed in the books than it does to watch them unfold on screen. I'll stick with the books and the highly entertaining Ralph Bakshi versions.

Best Answer

i don think so. I found the book extremely boring and quit after some 200 pages. In fact i m not a person who usually drops the book easily but this one was a real struggle. parts of it were good true but to get to those parts was kinda really annoying. most of the work is in past tense at least till whatever i read, no active voice, this was what annoyed me the most

Best Answer

You are not the only one!!! I couldn't watch more than an hour of the first movie. I was falling asleep... The whole story doesn't seem very innovative to me. I've read a lot of fairy tales similar to this one when I was a little kid. I didn't try reading the books, but I cannot get myself to watch the movie; I start yawning as soon as I understand what it's going to be about

Best Answer

ugh thought i was alone :$

Best Answer

What's the word I'm looking for? Oh that's it. PHILESTINES!

I was 35 when the Lord of the Rings opened. And for 25 years I've had questions, I've wondered, what does Smegol look like? And he Ring Waiths? And the elves, what does their language sound like? And I'm not the only one. Millions of people have grown up with those stories, and were really excited to hear the books were being made into feature length films. I wondered if the movies would be true to the depth and the scope of the stories themselves, and they very nearly were. More work went into those films than you could possibly imagine. The sheer level of artisry and detail in costuming and set design alone is incredible, if you pay attention. And where ever possible, even down to the art on the walls and the design of their scabbards, details are true to the stories. It's an incredible effort.

It's ok if you can't appreciate it. It's fine if it demands a longer attention span than you have. It doesn't matter if there's not enough Americans winning in it to keep you entertained, it really is. Because If you don't get it, If you don't enjoy it, that's your loss, and the four generations of Tolkien fans who adored them don't really care. Frowns aren't catching, as the shirefolk say.

Best Answer

Loved the books. Couldn't really get into the movies.

Best Answer

If its not your thing then no. The books and the movies are pieces of art in their own right though.

Best Answer

*gasp* I adore Lord of the Rings! But, I admit it is a lot if you aren't into fantasy and word imagery. Tolkien is very wordy.

Best Answer

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! The books were really boring and I couldn't even get through the first chapter, and that's saying something, because I love fantasy books and I almost always finish a book I start, even if it's boring. And I thought I was alone in this...

Best Answer