I just can't do it. Spelling and grammar are very important. To me, it is a sign of intelligence and that a person pays attention to detail. I just cannot, nor will not, trust anyone who does not spell well. And I get called a "Grammar Nazi" because of this. We're supposed to aspire and shoot for higher standards, not lower ourselves to be on the level of unwashed vassals. I refuse to succumb to the general ignorance that seems to pervade this culture.
TheLovingDominant TheLovingDominant 36-40, M 29 Answers Sep 28, 2012 in Hobbies

I hate to say this, but your grammar isn't correct either, which I suppose is ironic.

Best Answer

I agree. 7:00am. just woke up. No coffee. My brain isn't quite functioning yet. Touche

Best Answer

Indeed.

Best Answer

Would you like to know what I consider to be sign of intelligence? The ability to bridge communication gaps such as bad spelling and poor grammar gracefully. Rather than isolating ones self ba<x>sed on such trivial things these individuals have the ability to talk to,understand and be understood by almost anyone at any time.

Best Answer

i totally agree with you.

Best Answer

Whats being described in this question sounds more like a learning disability.

Best Answer

My ego gets the best of me at times. But, I will not lower my standards.

Best Answer

Those are your standards to keep but do understand where I'm coming from when I point out that the human brain, especially a more intelligent one, can discern any scrambled or misspelled word as long as the first and last letter are correct. That's because we don't even read the letters individuality but words as a whole.I take pride in having decent writing skills and a above average vocabulary,be proud of your ability but don't cheat yourself life experiences or connections based on something so inconsequential.

Best Answer

i don't usually measure a man completely on his spelling.

Best Answer

What about those of us who are dyslexic? Its not our fault if we spell things wrong its hard to grasp words and grammer! Ive got better using sites like this and having you grammer- nazis having a go all the time because i forgot a full stop or what ever. It doesnt show my intelligence at all im actually quite clever it just doesnt show when im writing or typing!

Best Answer

Dyslexia, as well as other learning disabilities aside; How many people actually have any?

Best Answer

so your saying everyone should be perfect just like you?

Best Answer

you do know not everyone here uses English as their first language right? Well, you can't always get what you want :)

Best Answer

yeah right. go sue then or something haha! why not travel the world and make a difference :) If you want you can teach everyone in the world how to speak english

Best Answer

Far from perfect, I am. I make an effort to spell properly. I don't get it right all of the time. But, I do try. Just make an effort people.

Best Answer

No, I agree with you 100%. I feel those who can't take the time just aren't worth it. They reveal allot about their character by how they type their answers here and elsewhere.

Best Answer

Allot isn't a word. A lot is the correct spelling. What's that say about your character?

Best Answer

Sorry, look it up, allot is an old but still correct spelling.

Best Answer

do u have a second language ?

Best Answer

Yes. I primarily speak English. I also speak Spanish, German and a little French.

Best Answer

what does arrogant mean ?

Best Answer

I guess you can say that I am being arrogant. If that is what you are implying, then yes. I am arrogant. I am so with no shame and no remorse. Your avatar, the Lebanese flag, of what does it consist?

Best Answer

as long as i know what they are trying to say who cares

Best Answer

You need my problems , then you would have things to be concerned about but as I see it here , you would say my problems are due to something I have done , (as in the murder of my daughter ). Some judgements are more polite kept to yourself.

Best Answer

Yep! ...y'r ! ..:)

Best Answer

I feel absolutely the same but I take spelling more seriously than I do grammar because most computers - and EP - have built-in spell check. It doesn't take long to figure out what's misspelled on here because it's underlined in red. Not that all underlinings are misspelling. EP is underlined. lol

Best Answer

All you have to do to take correct spelling and make it British is add a bunch of "u's." lol

Best Answer

It not the only sign you would have hatted Albert Einstein then and some of the best minds of your time and a lot of great authors also For a lot of book go in for a english edit!

Best Answer

Einstein was a genius and English was not his primary language.

Best Answer

He had trouble with even common scene friend. To judge one by only one standard has to be wrong. In school the ones who did better then anyone else in math failed at english and the ones who did better then anyone else in english failed at math. So how is your Math ??????????? can you do Higher math as in map out the route a ship would take to get to Mars with out computers! I

Best Answer

Personally, it's not if someone misspells hard words or anything like that. It's the use of textisms. I hate to see people try to shorten words just to keep their fingers unoccupied for a few more seconds. :{)

Best Answer

That's the new way get used to it. It has been here on the net for 20years Now LOL TKS and now with text message its the way of the future I only understand a small amount now LOL

Best Answer

Remember Pig Latin :-)

Best Answer

providing I can read it I 'm not too bothered but I skip over the ones that are just so poorly worded they make no sense at all, especially if they are questions about which school or college to attend.

Best Answer

We are many in this world, Grammar Nazi/Spelling Nazi.<br />
When reading someone's paper, an article, etc., I find myself making corrections and/or asking if they've used grammar/spell check on their computer. No matter whom you address, there's no reason to not use this available tool.

Best Answer

I'm with you.

Best Answer

It makes me cringe when I hear people say 'for you and I' or 'between you and I'--especially on the news.

Best Answer

I could never be friends with someone who can't spell....<br />
Not my typo people...<br />
;)

Best Answer

Sounds a bit cheeky to me

Best Answer

I is a lot annoyed wiz bad grammar spelling to!

Best Answer