MixingThings MixingThings 18-21, M 3 Answers Aug 30 in Community

I have never fitted in, in the outside world; it may suck, but truly it has brought me even closer to the beautiful person that I was created to be. People can diss me, people can reject me, but I do not do those things to myself. I know I am an asset to anyone's life, and I have something that is worth alot.

Best Answer

I have learned in my life, when I was your age, I thought the same. I didn't fit in at all. I'm asexual, I don't like sport, but I'm a loving being and I have many creative skills. Later in my life I have learned that staying true to myself always is the best idea. When you put on a mask and you pretend to be someone you're not, just to 'fit in', it will hit you like a boomerang, like bad karma coming back. People will notice the real you underneath your mask, and no matter how different you are from other people and how cruel people can be for being yourself, to be someone you're not, will give you much worse experiences, and it's that people will find it hard to respect you or trust you, and I think that's just much much worse. You know, ******** are everywhere. People will always judge. People will always gossip. But there are also people who will love you for who you are, maybe because they recognize something from themselves in you that is the same, or just because they are proud of you for being yourself no matter how big your differences are against other people. So, be true to yourself, within time it will all be worth it!

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer. And I completely agree with you. I'm afraid that I should have phrased the question a bit differently. I am who I am and I think thats ok. And i do not need to change and i can't change. But what I meant is that even if you embrace your "weirdness" it still sucks sometimes. And if you are really a "misfit" (sorry my english is very limited) you won't parade it. Like telling everyone how different you are, how you have troubles finding and keeping friends and how and saddens you and sometimes makes you depressed. Because you don't want to be constantly reminded. And when I go on tumblr and see how people romanticize depression and other devastating feelings that result from not fitting in I could vomit. Especially as someone who has been suffering from depression for 5 years now.

Best Answer

Don't worry about your English, it isn't my mother language either.. I am so with you there, I can so relate. I go through those same feelings often myself, no matter how much important it is to love ourselves for who we are, facing people who constantly judge is hard to endure and can bring depression. But whatever you see on tumblir, or anywhere else, people often put on a mask, as well on the internet as in real life. Not everyone who 'looks happy', IS happy. Everyone has their own problems (which is logic..) but I just want to say that you should never let yourself get overwhelmed by how other people talk to you or how they behave for being yourself. What helps for me is when I talk about my differences with other people who have that same difference, in other words who are like me about that part that is 'different' to 'most people', talking with those few other people who you can relate to, can take away those feelings of depression. You're never alone. (hugs)

Best Answer

Nope

Best Answer