fishsweeper fishsweeper 51-55, F 15 Answers Sep 13, 2012 in EP

No you're not the only one...I'm not a fan of any of those sweets...I rarely eat them.

Best Answer

You're about the only one I've met. It's that crap that got me in trouble with weight and diabetes issues. I did the same as Cooney55 and went off sugar, bread, etc. cold turkey one year ago.

Best Answer

Some people are so sweet themselves, they do not need any additional sweets.

Best Answer

No way, go see a doctor quick!!!!!

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

I'm with ya, Fishy. I went hard-core nazi Off sugar about 6 months ago.. the health benefits are staggering. Now I find that I don't even want that stuff. Sugar Is Poison!

Best Answer

I don't stay away from it because it's unhealthy... I just don't like it, and never have!

Best Answer

I want to do that too. What all have you avoided ? Just sugar or any other starchy foods ?

Best Answer

What I mean to say is, it's quite natural to not like it. Marketing and expediency addicts us to sugar at an early age. Somehow you survived this with your taste intact.

Best Answer

Yes. You are a freak, but I will help you keep your freakish ways and take any of those treats off your hands when they come your way.

Best Answer

No I am exactly the same and have never eaten anything sweet since birth. Not even a digestive biscuit or a piece of fruit. Liquid medicines a compete no go area. The amazing thing is that no-one believes how extreme the problem is - eg old potatoes and bran bread - yeuch! I gets lots of " oh yeah I don't have a sweet tooth either" and then I have to go to great lengths to explain the extreme nature of my dislike. These days I'm more lazy and don't bother to explain in too much detail. What is also incredible is how disinterested the medical profession is - I've recently met with a gastro consultant about possible coeliac disease (great - more restrictions to my diet!) and even she simply said "how interesting" and then shook my hand in farewell!

I would love to know what has caused this - a faulty piece of DNA or some deep- rooted psychological problem? My sister has exactly the same problem but my other 2 siblings are normal ... Just weird..

Best Answer

You are.

Why don't you like them? O.O

Best Answer

No you are not alone...

May be we should start a new group..."food is fuel not fun!"

Best Answer

No, I'm not very into sweet stuff either.

In small doses and rare cases I want something sweet, but it's usually weeks between sweet snacks. A pint of ice cream lasts me about a month or so.

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

Yes, you are the only one

Best Answer