alvin521 alvin521 61-65, M 22 Answers Jan 13, 2010

I can't stand them either.

Best Answer

I use to feel that way until I had to get one for business purposes and now I dont think I could live without one.

Best Answer

no i don't own one myself. i hate them.

Best Answer

they get on my nerves too

Best Answer

I only got one when I met my deaf friend as it was great to text her and she finds it invaluable. I really only text on mine. I don't understand why people speak so loudly on them, aaargh.

Best Answer

No, I'm standing in line with you. I have one and turn it on only for emergencies, like if my car brakes down, medical assistance, police, etc.... I've used it for myself and others in the past for these reasons. Other than that, it's me time. I'm usually home, and if I don't answer it's cause it's me time.

Best Answer

definitely not !!!! The people that I like are the ones that cant stand them yet own one. I do not own one and i cant stand them

Best Answer

i don't like it when people are using it...but if i'm using it, then that's okay!

Best Answer

i finally got one, and it's great for *necessary* communications. people who need to chat incessantly about nothing, REALLY LOUD, should be shot. but that's the great thing about the advent of texting - the lame idiots are at least silent and i don't have to listen to their drivel at 90 decibels ;)

Best Answer

If one transfers from one address - or one state - to another and has (as yet) no landline phone, I find it necessary to have a phone for official messages and emergencies / urgent calls. I don't have many calls; but its as necessary as having a physical home address to these officials, to have a phone number.<br />
I got mine for emergencies mainly for my sick wife when she was alive; now I am contemplating saving money by closing my landline account, getting wireless broadband instead of line-based, and using my cellphone as my only phone.<br />
They have their uses!

Best Answer

like all technology - the CONCEPT of cell phones is a good thing : being able to reach someone in an emergancy, or needing to contact someone right away, etc. However the actual USE of the technology itself is where there seems to be a lot of problems.<br />
My biggest pet peeve about the phones is either people talking very loudly ( where they can be obnoxiously be heard 3 states away) in public about subjects we REALLY dont need to hear about in places we shoulldnt be ( like the jagoff discussing his bowel surgery in a resturant or the half-twit discussing her shopping escapade during a movie in a theater), or the inconsiderate idiots that are so rude that when they approach a cahs register dont even bother to stop the conversation and wanting to be waited on.<br />
Personally there is NO conversation that is THAT important- and if it is then dont leave the damn house.<br />
But my ALL TIME biggest thing that ****** me off is when the phone-twits cant hang up when they drive...

Best Answer

I carry a cell phone when I go out in the world but I only use it to call a cab. No one has my number so if my phone rings, I know it's a wrong number.<br />
I'm a little irritated when people can't seem to stop chatting and I see person after person after person with a cell phone attached to their ear.<br />
I think it's important to stay connected with friends and loved ones, but that doesn't translate into constantly connected.

Best Answer

No, they are so irritating, especially when some cluck is driving, and dialing or texting. People use them as an excuse not to talk, not to return your call, and worst of all, people are going to get brain cancer from them. I wish everyone would stop celling so much! Paris Hilton will die first...that thing is connected to her head!

Best Answer

I hate phones period, but people have to have a way to get a hold of me... If I'm out of the house or on a long road trip I like to have some sort of cell phone on me for emergencies... Other then that I hate talking on them (all phones really)...

Best Answer