christy121 christy121 51-55, M 17 Answers Jan 28, 2012

My mom is 52, just started dating a man the same age, and they are in love. I think it's possible at any age :) If she can do it, you can!

Best Answer

I am in the same boat. I am 50 and completely alone. Not close to any family members. I have a couple of work acquaintences. My son, with whom i have had little contact with because he lived with his Dad out of town, is 21 and moved on. The person I went to hell and back with, the last person in my life and closest friend, just recently found another. I feel that deep dispair and anguish you could be feeling. Those feelings brought me to this site somehow. I have me, my dog, work, and this site, I'm going to start there. I hope this helps you.

Best Answer

Why would you be too old? Humans are designed for relationship with others, to grow, to adapt. There is no biological clock for wanting to love, be loved, and for participating in life.<br />
I don't know where it comes from (the media or whatever), but we are fed stupid ideas that our usefulness,<br />
or what we "should" want, and shouldn't want, are dictated by our age. My sociology professor<br />
called it a "socially constructed reality". Basically, it's an unwritten, unverbal social rule that is unconsciously taught . For example: elevators. When riding in one, people always turn and face the front of an elevator. No one teaches us this on purpose....we learned it unconsciously by observing others' behavior.<br />
Christy, pay attention to what your heart and soul want and need. Don't let your age, your past or anything else keep you from fulfilling your life. Your life belongs to you, and short of criminal behavior, you are the one who should be making the rules you life by. So go out there. Make friends. Be a friend.<br />
Find a small goal. Find a big goal. Find a goal that doesn't really matter too much. And work towards them. And keep in mind that reaching the goal is only gravy. Trying....striving...learning and growing. Those are the important things!<br />
Oh, and to help encourage yourself, find a life example to follow, a real person who has a philosophy of living that you'd like to have. <br />
This is the only life you have. Use it!! (I am striving to do the same!)

Best Answer

I love what you said.well spoken.I need not add anything.&lt;3

Best Answer

If ya feel old, you'll be old, if ya feel young you'll be young....I think...

Best Answer

I'm 52 and have two grown kids and I'm out there looking. Granted, it feels much different than it was 30 years ago. If you don't want to be alone for the rest of your life, you get yourself up and try again.

Best Answer

You have to decide that is what you want and not settle. You will find someone or they will find you and if it isn't for awhile then so be it. I love the beginning of a relationship and deal with the end but I would have a millions beginnigs to find the right one.

Best Answer

From my experience, love sneaks on you unexpectedly any second of your life. You won't foresee it, you cannot get ready or prepare for it, you can't defy it, ask for it or deny it. Like a pill, you just have to take it as it comes.<br />
For most of us most of the time, love comes at a very wrong time, this is why many of us suffer because of love. Some teenagers run away to keep their love, some of us steal a friend's lover, some of us cheat on spouse in order to feel love....so on...

Best Answer

Thanks for picking my answer Christy121. I wish you the best.

Best Answer

You made a 9 year old daughter well past the prime age, so you can always find true love.

Best Answer

To quote a semi lame Kay Jewelers commercial, "Keep your heart open and love will find a way in." I do think that love finds us when we're least expecting it. There are probably more people in the same boat as you than you think.

Best Answer

No, not at all!<br />
As a 34 year old man with 4 young children, love life would be over for me though if my wife ever left or passed.

Best Answer

You say this...yet when the heart yearns for love. lust and companionship...I think your mind would broaden.
I never thought I would be open to love again,but the Heart wants what it wants.

Best Answer

NO ONE IS TOO OLD FOR LOVE..........

Best Answer

It's never too late! ;)

Best Answer

Aw of course not it is never too late to find your soul mate

Best Answer