There is this guy that I used to mess around with a number of years ago. I fell in love with him but at the time he didn't love me back. So come to find out, that all this time, which has been 5+ years, he was in love with me, but I can't stop thinking about him, which wouldn't be so bad if I was for sure that he felt the same about me. Should I just let go and let God and move on with my life or should I just contact him, and risk looking like a dumbass for the second time in my existance?
angel4284 angel4284 22-25, F 25 Answers Dec 31, 2008

Take a chance! If the worst that could happen is embarrassment, what are you waiting for?

Best Answer

You are wasting your time, and falling in love is a bad thing, especially if he doesn't love you back. Love is highly over-rated

Best Answer

I would let go and go with God, if he has feelings for you he should have said something about it by now. If you ask I don't think you are being foolish just wanting to know if there is something there or not. Hard call to make.

Best Answer

Contact him, see if wants to have sex again. Then go from there.

Best Answer

I don't think there's anything wrong with trying again - why not take a chance? Contact him and see if he would like to talk to you again, and set up a date if he is willing. Take it slow and see where it goes...if he wants to be with you, he will let you know. Take it slow and don't force it, and things will happen the way they are supposed to. But don't be afraid to open your heart again - if he said he was in love with you, then it sounds like you've got a great shot to me! Good luck, and take care!<br />
Jj

Best Answer

I wouldn't let this guy get the chance to do it to you again....I mean your dignity is worth everything....If he takes that long to figure out what he wants...fine, but make him come to you this time.

Best Answer

leave it all to God...:)...He knows what's best. You might take your chances, there's nothing wrong with that, but, in the end, just trust in God.

Best Answer

i think you should take a chance sweety....you never know what might happen i think its better you tell him how you feel...if at all he says you cant be together let him know that you are glad you told him how you felt and that it is out of your chest....you as an individual will feel soo much better,plus you guys can still be friends it hurts to be honest but you always feel better...

Best Answer

Do ask him, it's a win/win situation. If he feels the same you have your heartfelt desires fulfilled. If he doesn't you can move on, it's his loss anyway.<br />
All the best luck%)

Best Answer

If you havent moved on yet and there is still love between the both of you then try. Dont sit and wonder in 20 years "what could have been" when the chance was right there and all it would have taken for you to have happiness is a phone call that you never made. Life is not about regrets but about the journey and lessons it teaches you.

Best Answer

I've been in your shoes... probably one too many times...by the time i found what was going on ...i had gotten married and moved on... or so i thought... but things have a way of creeping back...<br />
if the only thing holding you back is appearing like a dumbass..then go for it...no sense in sitting around waiting for the sky to part and god himself to take a side... just go ...if you make a fool of yourself its a life experience you'll keep forever... and if it works..well you might have found the guy for you...

Best Answer

if u feel and think and believe that love is blind .. and then do not wait but if u think that love is a light in which we can see with open eyes and in reality then i shall say .. see with open eyes understand .. check and then go for Love.. other wise u will be the loser.............. best of luck<br />
Regards

Best Answer

If you like to dance, try going out with this person. If the dance feels right than, there maybe something there. You will never know, by asking alot of questions and getting answers from people who only know you from this blog. Last but the most important thing is to have a talk with God if you are religious, or speak to a minister, rabi, or whatever the person of God in your religion is called. Perhaps you will be surprised at the answer like or not.

Best Answer

Go for it. Life is to short to be worrying about what you should have or could have done. Who know he could turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you.

Best Answer

Take the chance.....no harm in trying. Otherwise, you will always wonder "what if".

Best Answer

Take the chance, angel. There was a college freshman who dumped her long distance bf -- correctly guessing that he was playing more than one deck of cards -- gave up on an unhappy rebound relationship and called the very repentant L-D back one morning in March of 1975. <br />
He never strayed again. Marriage held up for 31 years of richer, poorer, sickness and health, sorrow, joy, and love.

Best Answer

Take a chance. Just don't actually waste any time.

Best Answer

Why backpedal? You are very young. Many more people in the world to try on, maybe better suited to you, that you will feel fated to be with because you understand each other exactly.<br />
Also, if he felt then or feels strongly still, he will seek you out. Let it go.<br />
Remember, you will end up looking like a dumb-*** MANY more times in your existence, if you're living life fully, without restriction.

Best Answer

Which is worse to you: Losing the love of your life, or losing a bit of pride?<br />
Look at it this way: If you contact him to see if he reciprocates your feelings for him - and he doesn't, you have saved yourself a whole heap of wondering and can get on with finding someone new. And the sense of rejection might be lessened by the thought that "you had to know, and continuing to put feelings toward him would not have been useful, as you were evidently not meant for each other".<br />
It is truly wonderful to find a loving partner in life, and I hope that you will find your man!

Best Answer

Definitely give it a try, it's better than going another 5 years wondering.

Best Answer