Now they want us involved again, due to troops not being trained efficiently , low morale and a general inability to handle the conflict. 25 billion , 4486 American soldiers lives, isn't that enough invested?
Bonnie1934 Bonnie1934 56-60, F 8 Answers Jun 13 in Community

Perhaps if our Govt would not have been in such a hurry to bail and instead make sure training was done right and any threats were gone instead of worrying about ratings. Sometimes the easy way isn't the right way.

Best Answer

since people keep mentioning this number of US soldiers killed, I want to point out that due to the use of radioactive weapons and chemical weapons more than 400,000 civilians were killed by the US in Iraq. So if some of them are a bit pissed off I don't blame them

Best Answer

Perhaps you should view it this way, the Americans that volunteered to fight their war, and died had no hand in the wrongs that was happening there. War always has high civilian casualties, it is a ugly fact of war. Your comments bring back to mind the names screamed at the Vietnam Vets when they were called " baby killer at the end of that war.

Best Answer

I'm not blaming the soldiers even though they volunteered to be there, the government propaganda was so intense as it always is when someone wants to start a war. I just felt that it's important to remember the dead and almost all the dead in Iraq were civilians.

Best Answer

Wow, it's almost like America's involvement in Iraq from the get go had absolutely nothing to do with improving the lives of Iraqis.

Best Answer

It was about money. Mostly enriching Cheney's Halliburton. We not only can't win in hellholes like Iraq and Afghanistan, what is there to win?

Best Answer

Exactly my point.

Best Answer

Nothing, that I can see.

Best Answer

Never again! Let Israel handle the mess. No more proxy wars for Israel. If I am drafted, I would break both of my legs before I would fight in that terrible place. For what????

Best Answer

we never should have went there to begin with ,it was a Bush family war ,,,who do you think traded the arms for hostages ,,,Ronald said he didn't ,,,but never said his VP did <br />
all these years later people are still losing lives over 50 hostages ,,,people who travel to unsafe places should be told you aren't worth a war for ,so don't go unless your trip is worth dying for ,,,and we should have blown that plane off the runway our selfs ,and not gave in to bullies ,now look at the cost

Best Answer

And our beloved President just upper the anti with his trade recently!

Best Answer

The war will actually end up costing $3 trillion when you factor in the expense of medical care for veterans. A complete waste of money and lives for a reckless, I'll-conceived, unnecessary, and bungled operation. We should spend no more money on Iraq.

Best Answer