singwme singwme 56-60, F 13 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Community

Nice he had the courage to speak out

Best Answer

I totally agree with him.

Best Answer

Oh yes indeed.

Best Answer

Not really sure what all the beef is about, he had the right to say what he said

Best Answer

What gets me whenever a much publicized shooting occurs, there is always somebody on the right saying in some way, "this isn't the right time to be talking about this as the issue is inflamed right now". It's like they want the issue just to be put away and forgotten to only be talked about quietly in hushed tones in the corner and the sad thing is they do get their way. The right shouts down the left on this issue each and every time spouting stupid cars should be outlawed because of drunk driving, spoons should be illegal because they make people fat and that kills them. Stupid arguements from stupid people thinking owning a gun will somehow protect them from their government if the government ever decided it was going to use its army against them. <br />
Anyway I agree with Costas. It's not like he was doing commentary on the Colorado shooting or the Gabby Gifford shooting, this was done in the NFL family and I think anything done within that organization and the people that cover them, they have the right to speak out on the issue as much as they are covering first downs and game winning drives.

Best Answer

Well said.

Best Answer

I like Bob Costas and I could care less about people's political views.

Best Answer

Do not care. I agree on more gun control but it was not the time and place for it and it was ignorant to say gun control would have prevented the deaths

Best Answer

I like the way he intro-ed it, and I think the introduction made me feel it was appropriate when otherwise I might not have. He's right, every time something like this happens, or any unnecessary young sports related death happens, we spend a great deal of time saying how it "puts things into perspective." They redo the jerseys one night in tribute, sometimes there's even a moment of silence. But what difference does it make? How often do we need to get "perspective" on gun violence before we address the problem? I think it was the right thing to do. And I think it was curageous. I know the venue is controversial, but it's controversial specifically because a large portion of the audience NEVER wants to tune into serious talk. He was reaching a different demographic than the average social commentator would, and if I might add It's the EXACT demographic that needs to hear some ugly truths about guns and domestic violence.

Best Answer

I admire him for putting his views and principles before the PC thing. About time somebody did. Thanks for a great answer.

Best Answer

Personally, I don't care what he said...but he has the right to express his opinions...why no one talks about this stuff outside the crazy NRA style conversation...I really don't know

Best Answer