The government has declared a "WAr" on narcotic painkillers, recently claiming that they are the new epidemic of abuse in the country. First off we already have a war on drugs costing the tax payers billions of dollars a year, which brings no results. Listen people are going to be addicted to opiate pain killers one way or another. When Purdue Pharma changed the Oxycontin formula in 2010 to prevent addicts and junkies from snorting or injecting the government thought that they had won. There efforts and money spent did little and addicts left the safer drug and the spike in heroin use in the country has never ben bigger. Opana, (oxymorphone) has taken over as the street drug of choice, but its new formula makes it harder to abuse. Addicts are left with no choice but to abuse heroin. The government did not help, they made things far worse. They need to realize that people are going to do what they want, and that telling them they can't is just making the problems worse.
Synapsethroughspace Synapsethroughspace 22-25, M 7 Answers Dec 7, 2012 in Health

I think they should decriminalize them all and treat addiction as a medical problem,rather than legal.It seems to be working well in Portugal.

Best Answer

Yeah! Very well!

Best Answer

Maybe we need to fix these pills so that if they are abused over say a year they kill you but are beneficial in correct doses. We could be rid of ton's of dopers that way. Why didn't I think of that before, booby trap the damn drugs, of course!

Best Answer

Why are people so heartless.

Best Answer

Typical government trying to control what they can't...

Best Answer

So I can blame some low life junkie for me being denied adequate pain meds after spinal fusion? I hope they all overdose

Best Answer

The junkie who you want to die probably was an innocent person in your situation a while ago... Most Addicts start with a legal RX from there doctor for "Spinal Fusion" and than get hooked. Don't be ******* blind like the rest of the World because the Media has fed you lies. Think for yourself. T

Best Answer