bunnyhound bunnyhound 31-35, M 6 Answers Jan 2, 2012

I always knew West Virginia was its own state... I'm from Washington.

Best Answer

When the Olympics were in Atlanta, GA a lady from New Mexico called to buy tickets to an event & was told she would have to go through the Embassy to purchase tickets. She told the telemarketer thatshe was from New Mexico! To which the telemarketer said New Mexico...Old Mexico... It's all the same call the consolate for tickets

Best Answer

I don't know, is it true that all ya'll out east think we live in the fields and don't have indoor plumbing

Best Answer

thats exactly what the other eastern states say about us, plus we dont have shoes, we all play banjos, and drink from jugs with xxx on them, and much more.

Best Answer

I wouldn't doubt it, there are even some Americans who don't realize that New Mexico is a part of the U.S.

Best Answer

We know, We just don't care.

Best Answer

I'm from WV. While in the military, it seemed that every time someone would ask where I was from, when I told them, they would say "What part of Virginia is that" or "Where is that in Virginia", or something to that nature. Those of us in the military from WV got to the point that when we were asked where we were from, our answer would be "West 'By God' Virginia".

Best Answer

I grew up in WV and I've lived all over the US. I would say at least 80% of the people I've met have no idea WV is a state. When I tell them what city I grew up in, I almost always get asked if it's near Richmond. Or my favorite, "What part of western Virginia are you from?".

Best Answer