The fact is that theres no fact. Disagree? 1000 years ago "fact" was it that Earth was flat, as a plate. But, if fact is that there is no fact, then it creates a problem, from a philosophical side. If a fact is that there is no fact, then fact that there is no fact is a fact. And that fact negates itself. The bottom question: Is there a fact?
Boallods Boallods 16-17, M 8 Answers Jun 16, 2012

What you say is not correct. It was never a fact that the world was flat. It was a BELIEF. This is true because there was not proof that the world was flat. It was merely a widely held misconception. <br />
There ARE facts. It is a fact that you wrote this question, and it is a fact that I am answering it.

Best Answer

Oh...smart :)) so, u say that it is a belief.... the belief becuz of many "normal" people (the people that tried to prove that the earth was round) were killed. and, how do u know its me? its possible that its me, but its also possible that this is my mum hacked in my ep acc. discuss futher :))

Best Answer

this could be a dream.... where is your fact in that case....

Best Answer

No-one actually believed the world was flat.
All evidence shows that every culture in history KNEW the world was a sphere.
The widely held misconception that cultures believed the word was flat.....Was actually started by the Roman Catholic Church,,,,To show its enemy's as unintelligent, uncultured and ignorent.

Best Answer

Ok then it is a fact that SOMEONE asked the question. And it it is a dream then it is a fact that someone asked it in a dream.

Best Answer

But then you are just playing games. YOU know that you asked the question and not your mother.

Best Answer

your example is flawed, but your question is valid...<br />
...a scientific fact is a fact until proven otherwise.... <br />
so a fact is a working hypothesis of varying degrees of probability

Best Answer

makes sense :)

Best Answer

You're using the same word to mean two different things, thus you end up with a confused state.

Best Answer

Some "facts" seem indisputable, for instance: Most human beings have ten fingers & ten toes. Daffodils are the color yellow. 1+1=2. My sister Susan was born on April 15, 1955. Maybe I'm somehow missing something in this q ?

Best Answer

Years ago man did not have instruments potent enough to calculate precisely the dip earth's surface encountered with distance. This dip per distance was too minute to be recorded by those day's obsolete instruments so yesteryears' thinkers did nothing wrong in assuming that the earth is flat. <br />
Logic and knowledge create facts. With the passage of time though the universal logic remains unaltered, both the knowledge and the rate of its broadening increase, so facts get changed too. But you can't say that yesterday's facts are wrong. Yesterday's facts satisfied yesterday's knowledge and the same is true for today and tomorrow.

Best Answer

logic and knowledge u are speaking of is all human made. I dont denie that u are right, but out logic and knowledge....I see it quite primitive compared to what can we know and make sense of

Best Answer

See, what we make sense of depends on the knowledge we have and this knowledge depends upon the tools we have to acquire it. And these tools take time to evolve and they never stop evolving. Knowledge is not human made. In scientific experiments, you just don't simply jump to conclusions. You observe how nature acts and record the findings, that's how you get the knowledge. Same with logic, it is not man-made too. It is inherent in man. It is what sets apart man from the other animals. Logic is the product of the higher level of consciousness which the homo sapiens have been endowed with by nature.

Best Answer

ChuckeeCheese is correct, your premise began with a premise a statement that was false and your reasoning fell apart from there.

Best Answer

paradox of the day

Best Answer