Oh you poor honey! You are so young to lose your mom. I lost my only sister (and best friend) this past July under horrific circumstances. My birthday is in august and she made it special for me, every year. This past birthday the grief was so raw; I decided I would do whatever comforted me..no matter what anyone else said. I stayed home all day, I cried hysterically and I slept..and then slept some more...when I finally woke up, I ate cake; no meat, vegetables or anything remotely nutritious; just cake, and I ate it in bed while watching the movie "sex in the city"..we both loved that show! The day passed and I'm glad the first one is over. That was how I coped...no plan, no company or cheery friends, just me spending it the way I saw fit for myself.

Best Answer

thank you for sharing. I'm an only child so I can't imagine such a special bond, I'm sorry about the loss of your sister <3

Best Answer

Thank you for your kind words. You will be ok, it just takes time. And, if you ever want to talk, please feel free to contact me..all the best to you sweetie!!

Best Answer

Beginning of this month I celebrated my first birthday since my mother died, it was also her birthday, a little over two months more and she would have called me that day, we used to call each other that day. I tried to act normal, went to work, let my partner and children organize me a small party. I could not feel anything, I just watched and tried and enjoyed the fact they were happy to give that to me, my little ones were so excited to surprise and please me, I tried and focused on their feelings... After that, I cried alone, that is how I coped. Partly feeling alive and the rest of the time grieving, letting go, I guess as time goes by after a while the grieving part will fade away. Take care.

Best Answer

It's especially difficult to grieve during those special occasions, when we have lost a loved one. I know how you feel- my 18th birthday was not good without my Dad.<br />
If you want, one thing that you can do is devote some time going through pictures of them. If you feel safe enough about your loss to do so. It's been 2 years for me, so it's a little easier now then it used to be, though it still hurts.<br />
If you're still feeling pretty raw about your loss, make sure you spend the day with friends and family. Remember that your mom wouldn't want you to be sad. Sometimes we have to keep reminding ourselves that since our loved ones loved us so much, they would want us to enjoy our lives, and so we can then live for ourselves and for them.<br />
Take care.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad, I'm sure he was a great guy &lt;3

Best Answer

I have a memory box filled with all my dad's things. I have his licence, his concealed weapons permit, his cologne. So on New Years(the day he died) I spray some of his cologne on my pillow and write him letters. On July 3rd (The day his ashes were spread) I go camping there and light of fireworks for him. Everyone has different ways to cope with their losses. Some people's way of coping might not be specifically helpful to your situation. I'm really sorry for your loss.

Best Answer

Sorry for your loss....

Best Answer

a friend... girlfriend/boyfriend... () heres a hug... is that helping

Best Answer