I'm a horrible Catholic, but still. Good Friday is tomorrow.
CrazyHippieChick CrazyHippieChick 18-21, F 7 Answers Apr 17 in Community

I'm coming back to being a practicing Catholic, and yes Good Friday is tomorrow, and I will find my way to a service.

Best Answer

Good Friday is today in Australia.

Best Answer

Yep - but NOT Roman Catholic...

Best Answer

i was raised catholic but i've turned my back on christ and the church a long time ago

Best Answer

That happens. I like being Catholic just am not a good one per se.

Best Answer

oic :D well keep failing until you get it right i guess. for me i'm richer for not being part of that noise. peace

Best Answer

*nods* ~ciao~ :)

Best Answer

probably

Best Answer

Raised as a strict catholic but now an adulT only believe in SELF!!!

Best Answer

There's many millions of the deluded *****.

Best Answer

Eh, I think religion can be a cool thing if practiced in a way that doesn't harm others.

Best Answer

Religion is always harmful in my opinion.

Best Answer

I think it's more harmful to have very conservative religious people and very anti-religious people in all honesty. It creates intolerance and brews hatred.

Best Answer

We don't need people in this world who suspend rational and logical thought to believe in ancient myths about supernatural beings. Such credulity and gullibility is not something to be encouraged.

Best Answer

Religion can be so much more than that. It can be a way people make sense of their world, a way in which people deal with suffering and death. A way in which people make sense of the existential, of the metaphysical, of the philosophical. I think literal interpretation of the religion and bible is a problem, but the value and morals are important, they can be taught without the use of religion, but for some people, religion helps them find clarity, peace and understanding. And there's no need to shame people in that. I think it's beautiful to have an objective, completely logical perspective of the world, but for some people, being able to make sense of their life through a theological lens is helpful and I don't think there's any need to shame people for choosing to do that.

Best Answer

Making sense of the world through myths created 1000's of years ago is not a good way to make send of the world.

Best Answer

There's something valuable that can be learned from our past and not everything has to be negative. You should read some theological scholarly literature. Some of it is quite thought provoking and not in a "let's all be Jesus lovers" but explains religion in a way that helps people understand why other people would choose to orient themselves to the use of religion in their lives. I am a Catholic woman who believes completely and fully in the theory of evolution (like DUH lol) and super fascinated with science. Religion doesn't oppose Science and other philosophies but some people have the misconception it does.

Best Answer

and am*

Best Answer