I'm in a bit of a pickle. My laptop was running on a trial run of windows 7, it's a hp pavilion dv6000. Windows has now expired and I can't seem to buy a key online because I don't have a 'genuine' windows. Anyone know what I should do? trash the laptop and get a new one, bring it into a technician or is this something I can easily resolve by purchasing windows or vista all together?
daaytripper daaytripper 18-21, F 14 Answers Jan 9, 2013 in Community

well "genuine" version wouldn't really keep you from running normally. don't go to vista, go to 8 if anything.

Best Answer

the backend is unstable with a lot of secutiry flaws. nothing that you would notice by looking at it.

Best Answer

If it will not run at all, you might need to buy a disk and do a reinstall. You can get them cheaper on ebay. Just watch the seller's rating. <br />
PS: A reinstall won't do any damage to existing program.....watch what you click.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Buy a new window version.

Best Answer

ain't one, but can say this right now...your lap top is acting accountable to some type of Pc virus

Best Answer

buy windows 7 in a store?

Best Answer

If it had the trial version on it when you bought it, ask the people you bought it from about it. If not, just buy Windows 7 like everyone else. But whatever you do, DON'T GET VISTA!

Best Answer

my cam driver work on vista but not windows 7! waah :(

Best Answer

Alright ,Here's what you do. You torrent a legit copy and with it will come a verification Key.

Best Answer

You can torrent a copy of the OS software and most of the time it'll come with a verification key maker. Duh~

Best Answer

piratebay?

Best Answer

Yep. If you have any further trouble ,drop me a line

Best Answer

Install a new trial or just buy A full version of windows its like 40$ ..Or you can use a copy of someone elses windows They allow two or three installations per disc ask someone you know who has one.. Id just but a new version myself

Best Answer

I can buy it directly online without any discs involved?

Best Answer
Best Answer

You can try and find a cracked version of windows 7 so you can get it free. easily googled. <br />
You can try searching for a key generator.<br />
If all fails, yes purchasing windows is the simple solution.

Best Answer