VincentDeSaul VincentDeSaul 26-30 5 Answers Jan 10, 2013 in Community

If I chase my philosophy down to the root I am a nihilist but I'm more of a 'life has whatever meaning we want it to have' as opposed to 'life has no meaning'.

Best Answer

Thatz fair enough,it seems the core of it is that its the morals we attach to things that give them any weight. I personally think life is meaningless or not to be taken so seriously,because we are gonna die and what we do in life is totally irrelevant .

Best Answer

it's the fact of death that makes the opposite true as well, because life is so fleeting, so fragile, and so beautiful that every bit of it is rare beyond measure and therefore valuable beyond all price.

Best Answer

WEll Vincent - it's irrelevant to the universe. It's highly relevant to -me-.

Best Answer

yes. they just don't care enough to reply.

Best Answer

that did cross my mind ;)

Best Answer

Not me...existence is sad enough without topping it off with nihilism.

Best Answer

Not even a little topping just to make it a bit more palatable ? It can be useful when you are depressed by showing you that you cant be depressed because there is no reason for it. I tried this and it works but it needs regular practice like meditation. Its like seeing things from the future when you are dead, it matters none.

Best Answer

Not me, reality and truth exist.

Best Answer

The only true thing is that we are born and we are all gonna die one day, and and that is a reality,anything in between is just window dressing .But that doesn't mean it should not be enjoyable . ;)

Best Answer

Well I think this explains things pretty well, but it really concentrates on shooting it down. If you're bored or looking for weak points, it might be interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzAOYTOOAQo

Best Answer

Thanks,im open to ideas about anything ,and dont want to simply dismiss it, because i dont totally understand it.

Best Answer

I understand. :)

Best Answer

I dont think so

Best Answer

I think you're right. It was worth a try though eh. Im dabbling in it myself, but there are some things i wanted to ask a real one.

Best Answer