So, I'm writing because I feel like my experience is a little different than the one's I've been seeing. My guy and I have been together for about 2 years now and we're still young. I'm just 19. So, we don't know if marriage is for sure in the cards for us yet. We'd still like to accomplish separate things and get a little more mature and wiser before we make that commitment.
Madikwebb Madikwebb 18-21, F 5 Answers Jan 16 in Dating & Relationships

"We'd still like to accomplish separate things and get a little more mature and wiser before we make that commitment." <br />
That is the most intelligent sentence I saw on EP...ever.

Best Answer

That's fantastic to read your question! Good luck with it, you're doing the right things! By the way, when you're married, it is important that you still do separate things! <br />
Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer

that's perfectly normal and a wise decision for me. I've been with my boyfriend for 7 years now and I was 17 when we started dating.. marriage is a big commitment and if you are not yet ready no one should force you into it.. dont follow the norm. get married when you want and for me the best time to be married is i both of you are already at the peak of your career and have enough to start on a life together.. financially and emotionally ready. maturity is impt as well.. jumping into marriage at an early age is old generation mistake for me. that's just my opinion. glad people are wiser now though. marriage, kids and obligations are hard you know so just chill and take your time to just get to know each other more. i mean what's the rush?

Best Answer

When the time is right, you both will know it. No need to rush into something until you both are ready.

Best Answer