GaryDF GaryDF 56-60, M 15 Answers Dec 3, 2012 in Community

Yes, I live in the UK, and an idea is being tried here, and across some other European countries. You know those Metal Cargo containers that you see onboard some ships? well, as a short term remedy, they are "bolting " together a few of them, and making them livable, they paint them, install wooden floors, kitchen, bedroom, toilet, etc. the cost aspect is surprisingly small, and it provides a secure, warm, safe, and cheap to run home.

Best Answer

In the US people actually buy those and make real houses out of them. Can work really well.

Best Answer

revolution

Best Answer

Perhaps more peaceful methods?

Best Answer

Good start.

Best Answer

revolutions can be peaceful...lol

Best Answer

I think the republicans want to grind them up and use them to make hot dogs as it would be very profitable. NO?

Best Answer

If i ever got the money i wanted to build a home where it would help the homeless clean up and start becoming part of society again. It would help those who are bad with drugs and stuff be able to stop and focus on their lives again and if they need education it'd help them be able to try again so that they could accomplish their dreams and hopes. Help them not to just get off the streets but to actually help them start living their life the way they dreamed about. So that they wont end up on the street again, i want to build the house to always have the doors open to anyone who needs it, but it would cost a lot of money so its only a dream for now.<br />
Maybe one day i can make it become reality once i walk into a lot of money

Best Answer

The US closed a lot of mental institutions and then went on a prison building spree and, guess what, as the mental institutions emptied the prisons filled up. We've reinvented the medieval dungeon and now house mental patients in inhumane conditions at a cost of 32-40k a year. For many of them living on the streets is preferable.<br />
My suggestion is to first and foremost start empty the prisons of all the harmless potheads and mental patients and pump some of the savings back into mental institutions. We've created the largest prison population in the history of humanity that houses an enormous percentage of nonviolent offenders and mentally ill and the sooner we stop throwing money down that black hole and creating more problems for ourselves the better. <br />
No doubt there are plenty of other things we can do, but that would be a big start and saving money and creating jobs is something people can get behind right now. The sticking point is that it involves the legal system which is slow to change, but if more states would legalize marijuana it would could bypass a lot of the judicial nonsense.

Best Answer

The fools just re-elected Odumbo. Homelessness and poverty is going to go out of sight. Attacking big businesses and "the rich" who create jobs in America is the agenda for poverty.

Best Answer

We need to find a system that supports them not only financially but socially, mentally, and educates them so they can know what is available and what they are capable of. they just need to know they DO matter and that they ARE still part of society and not trash (how most people treat them). ANYONE can become homeless, not just poor people or drug addicts.<br />
ive been homeless before when i was with my real Mom when she was on drugs and its very hard. its a very complex problem because when most people get to that point they are very depressed, sometimes broken inside, and reluctant to reach out for any further assistance or ashamed to ask for help or admit they have problems. there's a mental side to it too...it causes depression which is real and makes you suicidal and you just dont care anymore. so its not just a problem easily solved by giving people part time jobs and a coat....that stuff really helps, but its much more complex to get out of than that.

Best Answer

For someone your age I am moved with your sensitivity respecting the subject. I am be proud of you, as you should be of yourself. Here in Montreal, I am planning a project that will address the issues that you have brought up here. I do not expect to conquer the world but I do expect to help the homeless in a capacity that God directs me. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Best Answer

wow i hope you make a difference and i hope your ideas get used here in the US. you have to grow up fast in situation like that. im still having probs with depression and stuff like that. i think its a long term thing when it happens to you. i hope you can change the world and i wish you best luck!

Best Answer

Tell the banks not too foreclose

Best Answer

Lets tell the buggers to f off.

Best Answer