My four year old is in a preschool program, and when it comes to numbers and sight words and such he is way behind the rest of his class. The teacher and I have been working with him very hard but it seams to me that he just dosent want to learn. He tries to make everyone laugh when we do flash cards or anything else. Ive trien books electric learning toys, and flashcards. Ive had him try to write the numbes on his chalkboard, and on paper. The next hour after we do stuff he cant id the numbers. Just so aggravating. He knows 1-5 but just cant get ahold of any thing above that.
jennieanne jennieanne 26-30, F 5 Answers Nov 10, 2012 in Education

At 4 he is on target. It's not about how much he retains; it's more about his interest and how he expresses it. He's fine-it takes time

Best Answer

Have you had him tested for dyslexia?

Best Answer

No I havent thought of that he is a really smart boy, he does great with ooral learning but when it comes to reading and writing anything he has a lot of trouble so that could be a possibility

Best Answer

Absolutely. Dyslexia has been misdiagnosed as ADHD or slow learner and in reality, the child is neither. Please see if you can get him checked out. Ask Paschar about this. He is dyslexic and he teaches other dyslexics and he is a very kind and wise man. EP Link

Best Answer

Have him hang out with his friend Spud

Best Answer