Our culture does not support those notions anymore, as they are castigated and maligned as being the artifacts of some supposed iron-fisted patriarchal paradigm of which all vestiges must be destroyed. As to myself, I still do those awful, oppressive things, like opening doors, pulling out chairs, etc...but they are more force of habit than they are a sense of higher ordered thinking. I refuse to be bullied into thinking that this is wrong by any snotty-nosed new-agey punk who thinks they have all the answers to life. I shall continue in this horribly oppressive behavior until the Politically Correct Storm Troopers arrest me and haul me off to Patriarchy Prison; I would go, gladly.<br />
This society does not value deference or even being polite to one another. Such behavior is considered suspicious, at best. This is especially true withing the dynamics of gender relations, as any sort of example that purports differences between men and women is considered border-line criminal. Don't blame the idea that men have changed; society and its values have.

Best Answer

I like you and couldn't agree more. Please send me more info about you. I am a new author in the process of being published should I rid myself of this madhouse I live in and give them the rest owed. I absolutely loved your response and your last sentence said it all. No real values any more!

Best Answer

I do. Count me in. <br />
VIRTUE.

Best Answer

Good for you! I like you already. Incude me in your friends list. Have a great and blessed day!

Best Answer

I try but then im only a "c" student

Best Answer

At least you are trying which is more than I can say for most. I believe a lot of men consider these outdated practices and are embarrassed if they do. What a terrible shame.

Best Answer

yes it is a shame

Best Answer

I'm so sorry none left. They're all beyond repair.

Best Answer

yes but never realy gets me anywhere . to be honest you hold door open for a younger woman 20-40 you get a smile and thank you you hold a door open for old woman nothing not even a thank you. especialy them on those stupid scooters try run you over than scoul at you

Best Answer