Are you carrying around a sense of guilt?

Best Answer

not guilt. just enresolved feelings. i am now raising our 6 year old son by myself. the divorce was messy but he left a letter to me on his computer just a month before he died- stating he still loved me. anyways- just looking for some one who might have the same experince.

Best Answer

Okay....got it! :-) I did a lot of divorce mediation as well as grief counseling in my 21-years as a psychotherapist in Pleasanton, California before retiring from the mental health field several years ago. What I can share with you though from my near death experience back in 1981 is that he now knows what's in your heart and that you can still communicate with him. Sometimes, needing to forgive (I don't know what you situation was) is a good place to start, as it helps a lot of people to bring closure and be able to move forward in a more productive manner. We have ALL done or said things throughout our lives which have hurt others (even the ones we love) that we deeply regret and are very remorseful for. I'm no longer doing therapy or counseling, but I just wanted to pass along a few words or wisdom to you. Depending on what the REAL issues are, you might wish to consult a therapist who specializes in grief counseling to help you make sense of your issues. All that having been said...what you're going through is perfectly normal. Good luck! :-)

Best Answer