I've been suffering from seborrheic dermatitis for a while now (different from regular dandruff) and don't currently have health insurance, but will be added to my parents' insurance in January... are there some shampoos any of you have tried that can help me temporarily? I've already tried Denorex, Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength, Selsun Blue Deep Cleaning Bead Scrub, and Neutrogena T-Gel. The 2nd and 3rd have helped the most, but I always build up a tolerance to it after a month or so and it starts itching and getting worse again. Any tips or suggestions?
GuitarGirl19 GuitarGirl19 22-25, F 6 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Health

Any yar shampoo or Selson blue

Best Answer

Go to a specialty hair salon and get the oil ...they treat the scalp with it it is much more effective than shampoos. Good luck

Best Answer

Oh crap...my husband has gets that, but it's usually fixed with T-Gel....<br />
You should try some oils...mix lavender oil, tea tree oil, and patchouli oils into some kind of ba<x>se oil (could be jojoba, or almond, or coconut oil) <br />
Mix it about a 1:2 ratio....use it daily, even a couple of times a day....(you may want to put a towel over your pillows at night)<br />
Try that...but you need to figure out the root cause of this....is it something new you've been using? New hair products? New hat? Or it could be stress related....you need to fix the root problem, or it will continue to happen...good luck!

Best Answer