It's hard being a single mother especially if you do not have a support system. Been there and dealt with that. I know the feeling all to well. It never gets any easier dealing with it either. I remember seeing all of the other parents who had their significant others to lean on and share the load with. They would make me feel so inferior .I would be surrounded by them at my children's events and school functions. I had to force myself to get through it. I was always in fear of saying something stupid . I wanted them to like me, but no one ever reached out and tried to get to know me . They mostly seemed concerned with their own little worlds and were not interested in making new friends or getting to know someone new. <br />
[Side Note] I am a adopted only child who became estranged from my parents because of a uncle who who tried to molest me . I told my parents what was happening and they didn't believe me. My parents both died early, and I have lost touch with all of my friends that I grew up with. <br />
[My Battle As A Single Mom] Bare in mind this only about 1/4 of the battle I've had to face<br />
I have gone through 16years of custody battles / been cheated out of child support / The worst by far is that I've been cheated out of the precious time that was forever lost that I could have spent with my children . Instead it was wasted fighting my ex in court & out over and over again. / I've had every government agency called on me by my ex and his wife for no reason at all . Just because they wanted to stir up trouble for me. They even called Child Youth Services and tried to have my youngest son from a different relationship thrown in to a foster home. They insinuated that I was to unfit to care for for him. I may be a lot of things, but I was and I am still a good mother.<br />
My husband and his new wife were nothing short of relentless in making my life a living hell. Mean while doing their best to try and turn my children against me. They use all of their money as leverage to keep my children away from me. They threaten to take away their cars or to kick them out of their house if they don't stay away from me. They feed them lies about me and get completely hysterical at even the mention of my name. They have even stalked my children when they thought they might be spending time with me. My husband hates me. He's nothing but a big bully, he and his wife. He has used his money and power to work the system and to screw me over every chance he gets. <br />
I have tried and tried to get along with him but he still resents me for divorcing him. Freedom came at a high price so it seems. I am just sick over the fact that my children have been brainwashed and that I may never speak to them again... sigh<br />
Back to the question : How do I cope with single parenthood ? I just try and make each and every day the best day it can possibly be. Some days are better than others and sometimes I feel totally misunderstood and beat down an

Best Answer

Aaaw hugs...my story is complicated as well. Thank you for the advice at the end. I will try and make everyday the best it can possibly be.

Best Answer

It's not easy, in fact it's really hard. I pray a lot. I love my son more than anything on this planet and wouldn't not have had him. I just hope Im not being selfish, I want him to have a good life, and it hurts to think of him having pain because he won't know his father. I love him dearly. I have to lean on God a lot, but have never been let down.

Best Answer

Thank you. Your message was helpful. We are so similar. I lean on God also but some days are still so difficult. I have a son also. I'm panicking a bit thinking he's only two and a half right now. Just imagine all the years of single parenthood I have ahead of me. I have no support from family or friends right now. It's rough. :( I know God will see both of us through this.

Best Answer

I would love to date a single Mam I love kid I work in childcare would like to have a son

Best Answer

Its a walk in the park compared to living with an abusive husband bullying the kids night and day.But it ain't easy!!Just have to do your best and hope that's enough.With kids its not about money its about love and we got tons of love :-)

Best Answer

It's hard but it can be harder with a partner or a network that don't respect you. <br />
What is overwhelming you the most.<br />
I cope by knowing I'm giving my children the best I can.

Best Answer